Author Topic: XR12 happily wired to iPad, Android, W7  (Read 9350 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
XR12 happily wired to iPad, Android, W7
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:12:30 AM »
Just tried it with a router (DHCP on Xair for Ethernet). No WiFi enabled *. iOS V9.3.1 and latest (very old but soon to be updated  :lol: ) Xair on iPad. Also have a Android wired and W7 wired all going to a switch (Netgear 8 port managed). No disconnects as of yet. Next will try with static IP. The iPad 3 wired is thru a CCK to a USB hub (for power) and then to the Apple Ethernet dongle to the switch. The XR12 is also connected to the switch as is the Android and the W7. Yeah I'll dust off the DL1608 long before BenO and his tech crew get around to it.
Update: iPad down to 60% calling it a night.
Correction on iOS version #, senior moment.
* WiFi must be initially enabled to complete the handshake for the IP address, after that you can turn it off.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:54:46 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
Re: XR12 happily wired to iPad, Android, W7
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »
... and latest (very old but soon to be updated  :lol: ) Xair on iPad ...

You're a funny guy sometimes... LOL!  :D
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »
Geren life's too short not to have fun.  ;)
When in doubt KISS

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 07:28:19 PM »
BTW, did you notice that John Milner has release his first stab at an iOS fader-only app for the XR-series? All of the features are not yet clear, but it looks like "My Fader" functionality for the XR mixers. Here's a link to the first version:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/x-air-fmp-remote/id1112931654?mt=8

He's also got an iOS app to help automagically EQ a room.

Cheers!
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »
Did you ever ask yourself how guys like John Milner or Dave Schumann seem to be outrunning the likes of Music Group SW or Mackie? Are these company powerhouses just spending their time in meetings dreaming about the future?
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:58:58 PM »
Update on wired iPad and Android. Both units went to the battery warning without a problem. Both started fully charged and the iPad was ended by me at 10% similar to the Android at 12%. The Android also powered the dongle unlike the iPad. A Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F.
When in doubt KISS

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 11:34:01 PM »
Did you ever ask yourself how guys like John Milner or Dave Schumann seem to be outrunning the likes of Music Group SW or Mackie? Are these company powerhouses just spending their time in meetings dreaming about the future?

Agreed! Though, I must say that I really like Master Fader 4. My biggest (really only) reasons for moving to the Behringer are that I don't like having to run to the actual hardware to adjust gains, and I wanted a 16-ish channel mixer in a rack-mount package. Oh, and I was able to get another absolute "no-brainer" deal on the factory rep's demo unit, like I did on my DL1608.

Unfortunately, Dave is apparently no longer involved in the X-Air Android app. I have been told that he was asked to port his X32 app the the X-Air (whcih he did), but Music Group have taken over maintenance and future development. And their last version of the app broke compatibility with some Android devices, causing them to display meter data that is completely out of whack. For instance, when I run the X-Air app on my "better" AstroTab A10 8-core tablet with a 1280x800 display, the mix page meters all show signals about 20db higher than the actual level. Other folks seem to have incorrect meters appearing in other screens, but not the main mix screens. My el-cheapo Digiland tablets all match up reasonably well to the PC, Linux, and MacOS programs. However, David's own apps for other mixers seem to work perfectly on the AstroTab.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 02:40:56 AM »
Maybe someone hasn't been doing a good job at keepin' those guys away from the wakky tobakky and/or farm animals ;) - but truth is it's usually the MBA's that destroy all productivity in a big company like those - been there, seen that. Guys working alone with no MBA's to kowtow to like those two can work rings around most "teams" - been there, done that :). What might seem obvious - hire them - wouldn't work as they would either be dragged down by the MBA's or refuse to take orders and get fired. I'm sure that Behringer couldn't deal with Dave so cut him loose...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 05:19:39 PM »
I'm sure that Behringer couldn't deal with Dave so cut him loose...
AFAIK it was a contract job and Dave was never a B... employee.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:22:12 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 07:21:26 PM »
I was assuming that they weren't stoopid and tried to retain him for upgrades...

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
I was assuming that they weren't stoopid and tried to retain him for upgrades...

David has been continuing to work on the X-Air app, and is in the process of clarifying whether or not he can release his Mixing Station for X-Air on the Play store without getting slapped by B..., since they had contracted him to develop the original app.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 11:49:29 PM »
When in doubt KISS

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 03:37:28 PM »
I guess this will answer the question.
http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?11826-Mixing-Station-X-Air

If you switch to it, go ahead and spend the few dollars for the "Pro" version. It works very well (and cured the display problems I was having on one of my tablets), and adds some nice features -- and supports David's excellent work.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 03:41:53 PM »
I guess this will answer the question.
http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?11826-Mixing-Station-X-Air

BTW, I've had the Mixing Station X-Air for a few days now, and am really happy with the flexibility David's provided. And, I was fully confident to use it for Saturday's festival gig.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.