Author Topic: BenO where is the BUG FIX for MF4.0.2  (Read 5787 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
BenO where is the BUG FIX for MF4.0.2
« on: May 16, 2016, 05:30:47 PM »
4.0.2 was released Dec 9 2015 and several show stopper bugs were pointed out. 6 months later and no bug fixes is not acceptable. The problems are easily replicated. Where is the customer service?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:34:28 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: BenO where is the BUG FIX for MF4.0.2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:06:38 PM »
Hope to see an answer soon.
Please Beno don't go stealth on us, just let us know if something is is the works.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

SGravy

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »
Would be good to know if something is being worked on.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:10:22 PM »
Maybe they're hard at work trying to get MF5 out? Hope springs eternal.   :P
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 06:39:33 PM »
Don't look for MF5 until November 2016. They're simply spread to thin and are making the classical mistake of moving what they have around to different projects. This introduces the re-learning curve delay.  Long ago proven to be a bad strategy in the software life cycle. You need a combination of overachievers ( the core that makes your product great and state of the art)  and average Software Engineers (SE) happy with maintenance but part of the development team. No underachievers cause they'll cost you more in the long run. This is from many software projects large (60 - 100 SE) to small (me) or for the most part 5 - 15 SE's. If someone were working on this at all you would have at least had a maintenance release a while ago. They may release a bug fix before MF5 to buy themselves more time.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:43:19 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:07:39 PM »
Given they just released their Pro DX mixers for iOS and Android, any time they had to work on MF bugs went out the window. As i have pointed out before, Android is a pain in the ass to develop for connected devices and the installed base isn't worth it. Guessing that trying to figure our Android bugs and BTLE compatibility with cheap Android phones and tablets is why we're not seeing any updates. It's easy to assume if you're programming in Unity that your apps will be cross platform with Android - until you introduce a device that you have to connect to beyond a "dumb" bluetooth item like headphones...

For anyone thinking of getting into connected devices, pick iOS or Android, don't launch with both. Endure the whining from folks and ignore them. Don't bother with other platforms that are even more fringe (Windows Surface, Chrome) as the work done will never pay out.

Frustrated Mackie has fallen into this same trap.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 07:23:43 AM »
I think you're overestimating the impact of the ProDX on resources. My vote is for the new flagship product called Axis far more resource intensive. I any case it all takes away from even basic maintenance of MF4.
When in doubt KISS

nedorama

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 04:44:38 PM »
on a software team this small, any new app is an impact on resources. Our company does products that are driven by bluetooth, either iOS or Android. It's a huge drain trying to figure out what Android is compatible besides Samsung Galaxy.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:59:11 PM »
I have no problem with Mackie staying with iOS for MF. But I am concerned about Ben's absence. He used to be pretty responsive here.
Mackie Junkie

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:46:41 AM »
It's tough to post when you have nothing to offer and a lot promised.  :mrgreen:
Right now you can find him in Vegas @infocomm giving tours of Axis. June 4 -10th
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:05:42 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
If you really miss Ben here he is: ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Uy6VQrge4
When in doubt KISS

nedorama

• Padawan
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 05:28:33 PM »
Wow. Kiss any updates for MF for the next 2-3 months goodbye... Axis will suck up all that time. Looks interesting.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »
Axis uses MF so any updates there will benefit us all :) .

nedorama

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 11:04:14 PM »
While down the road they may, there's a lot of Axis-specific things they have to deal with - multiple iPads, etc. Bugs will show up in Axis that don't affect the DL series. Expanding a product line between this and the low end ProDX means less resources to deal with DL-specific issues. I don't know how big Ben's software engineering team is, but I'm sure they have a task workflow in JIRA (or similar) and products like Axis and ProDX that are shipping now (and making more money) will always be prioritized. This is the life of small companies - there's a finite number of software engineers. I hope that it will benefit us all, but expect there to be a delay before DL-specific MF issues are addressed.

Just super happy that Axis is also iOS only...
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 03:40:48 AM »
While down the road they may, there's a lot of Axis-specific things they have to deal with - multiple iPads, etc.
You can already run multiple iPads with the DL series. And I'm not sure if you are confused about what Axis is? It's just a DL32R with a control surface added to it - I'm sure the control surface "speaks" the same language as the MF iPad app. So most "improvements" they do to Axis will certainly benefit the DL32R and most likely trickle down to the DL1608 :) .

Actually I find it quite amusing that Mackie's whole digital mixer line is the DL1608 scaled up and down. Behringer is doing the same thing but they started with the high end X32 so the scaled down mixers have some pretty awesome features that even the DL32R lacks (so far).