Author Topic: BenO where is the BUG FIX for MF4.0.2  (Read 5788 times)

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
Re: BenO where is the BUG FIX for MF4.0.2
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 05:05:36 AM »
No, I watched the youtube video. It's a hardware fader/controller with an iPad shelf for your DL32R. It still takes software resources. Not sure what line of business you're in, but I'm with a company that makes products controlled by BTLE on phones and tablets. Limited software engineers, and every new item, even things scaling it up and down, is a resource drag. knowing MF is underneath it is great, but Mackie may have only 1-2 software engineers, and 1 firmware engineer so ensuring Axis works well with now iPads and a hardware controller means that firmware engineer will be DC16 and DL32R to ensure they work together. I'm unclear if SmartBridge™ is WiFi or BTLE, but if it's not the current WiFi protocol, that's more work. You're right in that if SmartBridge is just a fancy marketing term for WiFi, then it shouldn't be extra work, but guessing they would have otherwise just said WiFi. It may benefit us DL1608 and DL32R owners down the road, but considering they don't have FCC certification, they are a ways off.

I'm definitely excited that Mackie's doing more in this space, but with higher end gear like this as well as their lower end ProDX, I'm guessing at a small place like Mackie it means the same few software and firmware engineers are stretched even thinner. Hopefully Ben can come back and completely dispel my thoughts and tell us the roadmap of when MF4 bugs will be addressed... fingers crossed.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: BenO where is the BUG FIX for MF4.0.2
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 06:31:04 AM »
My guess is that a bug fix will appear in the October/November time frame so they can stretch their Nov.- Dec. V5 to Namm17 in Jan.
SmartBridge is more likely based on Mandolin Mackies latest attempt at a audio protocol.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:34:58 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS