Author Topic: iOS 9.3.2 is here??? OY!  (Read 5294 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
iOS 9.3.2 is here??? OY!
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »
This was written with my “tongue in cheek” Emphasis on “cheek”  ;)

So iOS 9.3.2 was released. It may be just me that worries about such things, but will there be the usual teething pains with this “bug fix” or will everything just fall into place as it should?

I don’t expect anything to happen, but for me these little updates and major ones (iOS 10 very soon) always cause a certain amount of trepidation on my part with a certain brand of digital mixer that relies on iToys. Okay! DL’s and iPads etc.

Sure the updates/bug fixes are necessary and of course I could just choose not to update anymore to avoid the embarrassing cold sweats, shaking hands and pulling out of what’s left of my hair just before the gig starts. But what would be the fun in that?

There is however an upside to updating. Making your iDevice redundant when it can no longer keep up as it wheezes to run iOS 10 and MF 5.0 (not here yet!) on a 5 year old device and now you have a legit reason to buy the latest and greatest and most expensive new iToy on the market! Bonus!

I really do love using the DL for all of my gigs just the same.

Tongue removed from Cheek!  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: iOS 9.3.2 is here??? OY!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 05:40:14 AM »
This version bricks some devises wait for 9.3.3.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
This version bricks some devises wait for 9.3.3.

Unbelievable! Now we need a patch for the patch!! :facepalm:

Thanks for the heads-up! I only updated my iPhone 5C which is already discontinued.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:21:56 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »
After WK warned me about the latest iOS update, I found this article about the issue with this patch update.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/05/16/apple-ios-9-3-2-ipad-pro-problems/#111c62ff5db7

Since we all depend on Apple if we own a DL, it's crazy stuff! Problems with MF 4.X. Now problems with iOS? Yes for now iPad Pro's are only affected. To give Apple credit there's probably a patch for the patch already on its way.

Sorry, ranting a bit. I guess it's just the nature of software and hardware in general and if I didn't want to use the DL, I should've got something else, or looked somewhere else and stuck with analog. Not quite ready to give up the DL just yet though.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:47:08 PM by Keyboard Magic »

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »
Smart folks who depend on their gear never update OS until the foolish have gone before them... I use Pro Tools on a Mac, and have found it's always good to wait at least 2 weeks before updating the OS - the early adopters will update, and if there are issues, discover them for you.

I don't make money with my Pro Tools or DL1608 gig and updated iOS on my devices yesterday. No issues on an iPhone 6 or iPad Air, but I am holding off on updating my wife's iPhone 6 as she's leaving for a business trip for a week today... Also updated my macs to 10.11.5 and no issues so far.

For Mac users, the best place to check to see what OS updates are doing to music tools is http://duc.avid.com - you'll get plenty of early adopters that updated the instant a new update comes out, and then complain how it bricked their pro tools rig in their studio.

Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
Apparently it's been a saga of fix one thing and break another with V9.3. Yes those on the bleeding edge will sooner or later bleed. iOS v 9.x was to be a fix the bugs version and so far it's failed miserably.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:30:56 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 04:36:33 PM »
So Far so good.  I've updated one of my ipad minis (Got 2) iphone 6 and working on updating my ipad 2 that I dock on the mixer.  Mostly use that for setup, but being I don't know for a fact that everything will work, I'm leaving one ipad-mini on 9.3.1  (Just in case.)  All my devices have MF 4 on them.  (As well as MF 3.x)  Since I've updated to MF 4, I've never gone back.

SGravy

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »
I understand they've realeased a replacement 9.3.2. Anybody heard of any problems? I'm running 12.9 pro with MF4.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »
I understand they've realeased a replacement 9.3.2. Anybody heard of any problems? I'm running 12.9 pro with MF4.
I doubt that Apple would re-release a fix under the same version #. Where is your source of info?
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 01:33:33 AM »
they do release an updated build with the same exact "version" number,
but when they do, it is only for certain devices and therefore the device that doesn't need it would not present the owner with a warning of an available newer version.
Weird I know, but I learned this through Apple Care support about four or five months ago. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:58 AM »
Based on that the 12.9 Pro seems to have had a problem. Anyone else with a different iPad get notification?
When in doubt KISS

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 08:34:48 PM »
Gentle nudge:

I'm still operating 2x iPad3s and fending off update reminders. Anyone moved/smiling or moved/crying on an iPad3 yet?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 10:07:29 PM »
Gentle nudge:

I'm still operating 2x iPad3s and fending off update reminders. Anyone moved/smiling or moved/crying on an iPad3 yet?
Mine will be a test vehicle until it is of no use and AudioTools and some other apps quit running on it. iOS is dead in my book.
When in doubt KISS