Author Topic: Correct way to reinstall MF4/firmware update  (Read 2490 times)

SGravy

• Youngling
Correct way to reinstall MF4/firmware update
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:07:08 AM »
I'm suffering partial freezes of the connection, routing, playback and quick access buttons on a regular basis during gigs. I've not been able to replicate it at home!

After playing music from the attached hard disk for a while and wanting to turn it off and record - these four functions will not respond to touch. They "glow" but don't "grow"! 

At the end of the gig this weekend I could not stop recording as the buttton wounld not respond. Other times it's I can't turn off the music.

I'm on MF4, I-pad Pro (not the latest ios but the one before).

I've emailed tech support but no reply yet. All I can think of is to update all the software.

If I have to reinstall either MF4 or force a firmware update - any suggestions of which way round I should do it and how to save my shows?

Thanks

Topsøe

• Knight
Re: Correct way to reinstall MF4/firmware update
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 04:19:04 PM »
Start by reinstalling MF4 as it is most likely where the hicups are originated
If in doubt ask

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »
Backup to dropbox forst
If in doubt ask

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
When in doubt KISS

SGravy

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 10:09:14 AM »
Updated MF4. If that fails to cure the problem then I'll revert back to ios 9.3.1. as could be a ios 9.3.2 bug.

Oh and i vaguely recall someone else saying but export to itunes failed to save my shows! All looked fine until I tried to import and failed to find the files!

SGravy

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »
Looking through previous posts it appears the issue I have is a known bug with MF4! And not only that - no one's been able to reliably replicate it!

I know I havn't - and it only happens at gigs! Wish I'd found that out before I backed up via i-tunes last night and lost nearly everything.

Tech support just suggested reloading MF4 and no mention of it being a known bug.