Author Topic: ProDX Mixers  (Read 2705 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
ProDX Mixers
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
I see that they started shipping, what does everyone think of them?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: ProDX Mixers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:35:43 PM »
They're kinda cool looking and would be handy as a keyboard mixer. I'm sure they're not designed as a DL806 replacement, hopefully? The app is pretty easy to use too.

Hopefully now they're shipping, some of Mackie's attention can be shifted back to at least 1 or 2 updates to MF 4.X ? Fingers crossed!  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »
I guess if your expectations aren't high it might serve some purpose. At the price-point of $199 and $299 they're both $100 to high.
When in doubt KISS

Jay M

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »
I think they are a great idea.... but too limited.  I wish they had EQ like the 1608, then it would offer something that a $75 analog mixer doesn't. 
I like that it uses bluetooth and is simple to use, but in my opinion, it doesn't have enough features to be useful.

~Jay

chrisdski

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »
I picked up a used ProDX8 to play around with.  I like the simple mixer control app.  One thing I wanted to test out is if you can use channel 7/8 while connected to BT to control the app.  Yes you can.  I got a Hosa 2x XLR F to 1/8" TRS- and ran a bass amp DI out and keyboard out into the channel 7/8. Input worked and was able to control volume etc on 7/8 thru the mixer connect app.  Of course the channel is split to L and R, so I had bass on one side and keys on the other. You could run one of the Aux channels out as the main to get mono all around.  There is no gain input control.  For the small room gigs I'd use this for I think it will work well for mixing from the stage.