Author Topic: Static V Dynamic IP Address  (Read 5885 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Static V Dynamic IP Address
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 05:16:51 AM »
If you have both an extreme and an express I would hook the extreme to the mixer (wired) it will give you a wired connection (iPad) if things go awry with Wifi.
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 09:00:39 AM »
WK, I'm all ears,,,
I have never needed a wired connection, but if I did, are you saying as long as the DL is connected via ethernet like usual, that the iPad could be connected to the USB port and communicate?
I don't understand how the Extreme would be any different than the Express for a wired connection, because both have a USB2 port.

Dan

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:06:29 AM by dpdan »

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 11:15:24 AM »
The reason I connect the Express to the DL is so I can use AirPlay.
Mackie Junkie

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »
WK, I'm all ears,,,
I have never needed a wired connection, but if I did, are you saying as long as the DL is connected via ethernet like usual, that the iPad could be connected to the USB port and communicate?
I don't understand how the Extreme would be any different than the Express for a wired connection, because both have a USB2 port.

Dan
Not on the express USB port it's quite limited in what it supports. I think only printers and memory sticks. I don't have any Apple routers to check this out however. You would need the new powered USB lightning adapter for the DL32.  To clarify you go thru the lightning to USB to a Ethernet dongle to the extreme via it's wired ports. See this for more info.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1178.0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:00:49 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »
I do the same thing as Michael,
I have two Airport Express routers, (one as a backup but NEVER needed it) now I will :)

Simply place the Airport Extreme router somewhere where it won't walk off, and still in range of the Express and it get's the WiFi signal from the Airport Express which is connected via the ethernet connection on the back of the DL32R.

The Extreme then provides significantly improved range.

Like this...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9IcuN_aNI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9IcuN_aNI</a>

Very nice! Is that a VRX system? From the recording I think is sounds great.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »
thanks WK!

Steve it is JBL mains, but most of what you are hearing in this video is a mix from the Mackie's USB to multi-track in Digital Performer.

Dan