Author Topic: DL32 connectivity loss after MF4 update  (Read 2890 times)

bandbdad

• Initiate
DL32 connectivity loss after MF4 update
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »
We updated to MF4 last weekend and lost all connectivity to our console after the firmware update. Show seemed to import from MF3 just fine on iPads but no signal coming out to mains and no meter movement. Wifi connectivity confirmed. Going to try to revert back to MF3 and then try updating again. Anyone else have complete loss after MF4 update? Any tips on reverting back to MF3 on DL32R?

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: DL32 connectivity loss after MF4 update
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:42:07 PM »
bandbdad,
MF4 is not your problem.
you must remember to go to the gear icon at the top of Master Fader and click on Devices and "CONNECT" to the wireless DL32R.
I myself always remember to verify that the iPad is connected to my router, but sometimes I forget to "connect" the DL32R...
call it a brain fart or just being 60 :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:46:04 PM by dpdan »

bandbdad

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »
We connected to the console also. Thats when we were requested to update the firmware of the console. After that we had no feedback in the app and no output to FOH.

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 04:09:27 AM »
When you do the firmware update, first make sure you have good WiFi to the Internet (not your local router used for the DL32R).
Afterward, connect to your local router.
Does that help?
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

bandbdad

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
We did not have internet connectivity when we updated the firmware on the console. There was a solid connection when MF4 was installed on the iPad, but when we connected to the console thru our LAN, there was no internet connection. Is an Internet connection to the console required to update the firmware for MF4? Do we need to hardwire it to our home router before making the firmware update? We have not done that in the past and I've not read anything about that in the manual.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:52:24 PM by bandbdad »

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 11:10:19 PM »
Is an Internet connection to the console required to update the firmware for MF4?

NO,
When you update the iPad, and then later turn on the mixer, the mixer will recognize that it's firmware is outdated and needs to be the same as the iPad trying to communicate with it.
When you agree to commence the firmware update, the iPad will hand over the necessary data to the mixer.