Author Topic: iPad 4 freezing up. Help!  (Read 4279 times)

marshallamp63

• Initiate
iPad 4 freezing up. Help!
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:46:44 AM »
I am having a lot of problems with my 1608 constantly syncing  and also freezing up with my iPad 4. I am also running Master Fader 4. The app is constantly freezing up whether its connected to WiFi  or docked. I am running 9.3.2 on the iPad 4. Seems to run fine on my iPhone 6 with 9.3.2. Seems to run fine with a iPad 3 with 9.3.1. Any suggestions?

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: iPad 4 freezing up. Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
I have noticed a bit of the same since the last update from Apple.
While using the DL32 on a few shows over the past 2 weeks (had 7 shows in 2 weeks) I noticed
My iPad Air 2 would not respond to certain functions. While I could raise levels, open EQ screens
and scroll with no real issues, I could not open the tab to set a tap tempo or open the
mute screen.
Not a major issue since I could reset Durand a break and regain full functionality,  but inconvienennt
And I also notice a lot of resyncing, not crazy but more than typical.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »
I've seen a report of the iPad4 freezing up on the Behringer X32 app too so I don't think it's a Mackie problem.

SGravy

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
My quick access icons freeze far too frequently. Tried tech support and uninstalling/re-installing etc all to no avail. I'm on I-pad pro, MF4 and 9.3.1.

Looking at old posts this appears to have been know about for a while but unable to replicate reliably so very difficult to bug fix :-(

marshallamp63

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:11:54 PM »
My Ipad 4 was pretty much useless this past weekend with my DL1608. If it wasn't for one of the other band members iPad 3 I would have seriously considered junking the whole setup. >:(

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 06:42:58 AM »
I've seen a report of the iPad4 freezing up on the Behringer X32 app too so I don't think it's a Mackie problem.
Why are we going there again it's clearly a Mackie problem since they decided to use the iPad as their control surface. You want to blame Firestone for not having wheels on a car? If there is a problem Mackie should be on top of it like other companies that value customer relations.  :(
When in doubt KISS

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 02:48:09 AM »
Hi Folks,

I'm running an Ipad-3, Ipad Air and two Ipad Air-2s, all with latest IOS and most recent version of MasterFader.
DL1608 and DL32R, all are working fine for me.
The Ipad-3 is a bit slow, but works.

As for Mackie using Apple tablets, I knew this when I bought in to Mackie, and I'm ok with this.

The one problem I have is the Ipad-3 docked in the DL1608 on a really hot day will overheat and shut down.
So I don't do this on really hot days.

I would be interested in trying an Ipad-4, but don't know anybody that has one.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 03:12:05 AM »
Weogo I think you missed the point. You as the rest of us were well aware of the iPad being the control surface but as you also know it's quite useless if the control surface has issues. It's quite clear to anyone buying a product that it should work as advertised. Just because Mackie doesn't directly sell the iPad doesn't release them from the responsibility of their app not working reliably, just like other manufacturers that go in that direction. Other manufacturers let you know when a new iOS release is OK to use with their app and release a update if needed. Ignoring customer problems can result in loss of sales and a bad reputation.

Cheers from NZ
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:13:39 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 07:26:34 AM »
Only froze up once over the weekend, a quick reboot between sets solves the problem.
Being that I am constantly adjusting and  changing FX it's a tad inconvienent.

This coming weekend I'll switch over to the iPad 3 and see if there is any noticeable difference.

mblemmy

• Initiate
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 05:21:03 AM »
I am having the same constant re=synching issue I am believing the issue is with the apple airport extreme router. I have tried two different routers and since I had to ship back and receive a new dl1608 mixer due to a different issue.... I still have the same constant re-syncing issue.  I can open the airport utility app and see it "freezing" and restarting constantly... the only way to make it stop is while the 1608 is powered up and router on and green then open airport utility and do a "restart the base" then I  have to re-log on to the server. than it is stable. but this takes alot time. I recently left a band that had the same set up and for five years they never had this issue....  Any ideas ?

thanks !!

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 10:07:36 PM »
I have the same resyncing issue with a Netgear router and also with a Linksys one so don't pitch that airport express yet.  It really become more prevalent after the last Apple upgrade.  Even on MF 4 before the upgrade I never had this many or as many times the shortcut buttons ceased working.
I think it's a problem between the DL and the apple upgraded OS