Author Topic: Mackie & EAW ?  (Read 3251 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Mackie & EAW ?
« on: July 04, 2016, 04:30:30 AM »
http://mackie.com/live/mackie-and-eaw-present-l3-tour-featuring-mackie-axis-and-eaw-radius-end-end-audio-solution

This implies that Mackie is about to vastly upgrade the DL32R to compete with at least the Behringer X32 - The 1608 should get some of those  upgrades too :) !

OTOH Behringer seems to have stagnated on the X-Air series which is still missing some important features that the 1608 has. Features that the X-Air has over the 1608 have been on the UserVoice wish list for quite a while - maybe we'll see them soon :) . I'm looking forward to a second reverb and more (and per channel independent) tap points for the auxes.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:32:21 AM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Mackie & EAW ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
IIRC that package put it in the range of some Yamaha and Soundcraft and even Midas units that will make it look like some backwards gear. They need to drop the price significantly and even that may not be enough. There is also not enough info on this Axis system AFAIK.
Cheers from Rotorua NZ
Costs more than a Axis system  ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:56:54 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
IIRC that package put it in the range of some Yamaha and Soundcraft and even Midas units that will make it look like some backwards gear. They need to drop the price significantly and even that may not be enough. There is also not enough info on this Axis system AFAIK.
Cheers from Rotorua NZ
Costs more than a Axis system  ;)
Dropping the price won't do much good IMO - they really need to finish up the feature set. I'm really looking forward to the "trickle down" from that landing on our DL1608's :mrgreen:

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:28:07 AM »
I don't see much of the "trickle down" landing on the DL1608 other than effects. The rest will be centered around the DL32 & DC16 and three iPad screens.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:40:49 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 05:49:58 AM »
This implies that Mackie is about to vastly upgrade the DL32R to compete with at least the Behringer X32

RR, how do figure that from the announcement article? Upgrade? Vastly? Compete? Where might I have missed such?

- The 1608 should get some of those  upgrades too :) !

Optimistic are you? Hopelessly I say.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 07:13:36 PM »
Or Optimistically hopeless? I’m hoping that they will divert a tiny bit of attention away from EAW and spend a little effort on cleaning up MF 4.X or dropping MF 5 in the near future. Hope springs eternal I guess.  :mrgreen:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
Must be that mushroom season again! We won't see anything out of Mackie till they get off that tour with their beta Axis System and Powerpoint presentations.
It's Winter here in New Zealand (40 - 60 Fahrenheit).  :)
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 05:02:23 AM »
Could be some of those Pacific North West delicacies are the appetizer portion of the L3Tour lunch. ;)
Anyone able to locate and access the EAWMosaic app?