Author Topic: Mixing Station soon to be available for the X-Air  (Read 6143 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Mixing Station soon to be available for the X-Air
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:35:21 AM »
This is great news for the X-Air series of mixers. Too bad Mackie missed the boat. Here is the announcement by the author himself.
http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?11826-Mixing-Station-X-Air
Updates won't take years to be released.  ;D Virtual DCA's are back!!!!
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: Mixing Station soon to be available for the X-Air
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »
This is great news for the X-Air series of mixers. Too bad Mackie missed the boat. Here is the announcement by the author himself.
http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?11826-Mixing-Station-X-Air
Updates won't take years to be released.  ;D Virtual DCA's are back!!!!

Bill, I'm a little confused here.  So is Mixing Station an X-Air Edit replacement for the Android?  Will Behringer continue to develop X-Air Edit? Here's my concern.  I know you stated that "Updates won't take years to be released", but a development team of one person who develops this app in his spare time, I hope I'm wrong and nothing personal against David.  I commend him for taking the ball and rolling with it.  So is Behringer just parsing off the development of the Android version of X-Air Edit to David as well?  Will they continue to develop for the PC, Mac and IOS? I do commend Behringer for not restricting David based on IP's (Intellectual Properties).  I did join the beta program, but haven't had a chance to test anything yet.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:17:50 PM »
Gio great talking to you again. Just recovering from my trip to New Zealand. As to the Mix Station replacing the X-Air Edit for PC etc. probably not. I think David was frustrated at Behringer's lack of progress on the Android app and dropping one of his features iDCA. I'm hoping B... is hard at work on V2.0 for X-Air as the next release. I think you already have your answer on the responsiveness of David so the the one man is better than all of Mackie's team combined. Most 3rd party software developers run in overdrive.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:21:20 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:26 PM »
Gio great talking to you again. Just recovering from my trip to New Zealand. As to the Mix Station replacing the X-Air Edit for PC etc. probably not. I think David was frustrated at Behringer's lack of progress on the Android app and dropping one of his features iDCA. I'm hoping B... is hard at work on V2.0 for X-Air as the next release. I think you already have your answer on the responsiveness of David so the the one man is better than all of Mackie's team combined. Most 3rd party software developers run in overdrive.  ;)

Good chatting with you as well Bill.  BTW, what was that Android emulator app for the PC you told me about.  I want to send David some screen captures and Camtasia videos of what I'm experiencing on the Mix Station.  Thinking of running Android 6 (Marshmallow) under VMWare Workstation 12 Pro
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:00:09 PM by Harpman »
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 05:48:31 PM »
Had a good email exchange with David from dev-core.  I actually paid the $4.99 for the Mix Station Pro edition. 

1. Because I want the additional features and even the ones not implmented yet but when they become available.
2. Give some support to David so he can continue to develop this app for the Android.

Here was his response to me when I asked about the "Pro" version and thought I'd share it with the rest of you who may not have it.

From David:

A full list can be found here:

https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/xair/pro_free/

Note that not all pro features are implemented yet but in the end all the features listed there should be available.

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 03:13:57 AM »
Someone should tell David to bookmark us here in case he gets booted off of the Behringer forum for making them look bad LOL (?)

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:09 AM »
I don't think he'll get booted. Kudos to Behringer if they don't. It will only increase sales.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 06:07:49 PM »
Gio I'm still using Bluestacks but looking at this. http://www.amiduos.com/  . RR found another free emulator but I can't find it at the moment. Packing for another trip. There are lots of emulators that run Android on a PC unlike anything for iOS.
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 07:39:54 PM »
http://www.windroye.com/index_eng.html
I've used Windroy - not Windroye .