Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Gain knob problems... DL 1608

(1/4) > >>

jeretv:
Hello,

I've been having problem with the gain knob "sticking", where it will randomly drop the dB's on a random input.  A singer will be performing and all of the sudden it will either get really quiet, or will blast the PA and scares the crowd.  We use the headphone jack to record the service, and it randomly doesn't record the service.  We usually have to physically tap the gain knobs, or turn it back all the way to the left and back to the setting for it to work.  Any idea if the board is defective, need cleaned, or repaired?  There aren't any gates, or compression used.  I don't have any idea what is causing it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

djzigoh:
The most common problem on knobs and faders are dust,  thete is an special compound for cleaning faders and knobs.  You should apply some (usually in the form of spry).. And move the knobs /faders several times to remove the dirt and dust. This should solve your problem with the gain knobs.

dpdan:
if you use a spray cleaner, the knob needs to be removed first, also, even after cleaning and improvement is noticed, the problems will rear their ugly head again in a short amount of time.
The best solution in my opinion, is to ditch the 1608 and replace it with a DL32R. Used 32R mixers and even refurbished DL32R mixers can be bought very reasonably on eBay from legitimate dealers like proaudiostar.com 
You can call around for pricing but I have found proaudiostar.com to be extremely reasonable. 888-890-6222 

pytchley:
Did someone pour a beer on it?

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: pytchley on July 24, 2016, 09:32:52 PM ---Did someone pour a beer on it?

--- End quote ---
Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version