Author Topic: Ever Changing World in Computers  (Read 2339 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Ever Changing World in Computers
« on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:42 PM »

A "new computer" is getting ready to transform the world.

Some tech insiders dub it the "$39 computer" because it has many of the capabilities of an expensive $1,000+ PC unit... but it’s capable of being manufactured and distributed for as little as thirty nine bucks...

Jay Borenstein, a computer science professor at Stanford University, says he believes the tech behind the "$39 computer" will be:
"As trans-formative as television was, as the internet was… It is a profound leap ahead…"

As Bloomberg writes, this technology may one day replace your PC.

It's no wonder companies like Google and Facebook are already supporting their own variations of the $39 computer.

I spoke to one of the most connected tech insiders to find out what you need to know about this situation right now.

This man, who was a key player at Qualcomm, Juniper, and NXP Semiconductors, tells me one company has emerged as the leader in the race to perfect and commercialize this new computer. It has a total of 223 patents (secured and pending) on this one technology.

And it’s currently 141 times smaller than Apple.

"Early investors here are going to make an absolute mint," says my contact.

In fact, he believes that—over the next 6 months—several key events could easily turn this secretive Florida business into a company 10 to 20 times its current size.

Right now, the market for the "$39 computer" is around $5 billion. Digi-Capital, a highly regarded Silicon Valley think tank, estimates this new market will reach $120 billion by 2020. That would represent a 2,300% increase in less than 4 years.

These folks have been selling a product based on the tech since 2003.
http://www.polatis.com/?gclid=CMn4zbT1hM4CFQtqfgodQZsFxw

Cheers. You heard it first here on the lagging audio world.  ;)

When in doubt KISS

Michael Welter

• Knight
Re: Ever Changing World in Computers
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »
Amazing. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I suspect that they will be a target for acquisition. Apple, Microsoft, and Google will be top contenders.
Mackie Junkie