Author Topic: Glow & Grow cutting out  (Read 3308 times)

Iowaguy

• Youngling
Glow & Grow cutting out
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
The "glow and grow" feature of Master Fader in acting up on my iPad2.  It is difficult to get it to light up and when I move the control a little it shuts off.
Also it seems to "time out" and shut off when I just hold my finger on the control for a couple seconds.
 I tried rubbing a dryer anti static sheet on the iPad-no help.   Is there some setting on the iPad that affects this feature?
The feature works fine on my other 2 iPads.

Iowaguy

• Youngling
Re: Glow & Grow cutting out
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:11:34 AM »
Duh, simple fix.  I just did a hard reset of the iPad holding down both buttons until it shut off.  Works fine now.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
I'm glad you got it figured out.

Iowaguy

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »
It happened again, but the same "fix" fixed it.   Bug in Master Fader?

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 07:58:31 PM »
I think many of us have found glitches that require reboot. Usually it's opening up shortcuts like tap tempos or going to the hard drive to play background music. It's a real pain in the arse. At least during a reboot the system has continued to function. I hoped the upgraded apple software would ha e helped, but it did not.
Last week I had to jump on my iPhone while the iPad rebooted.
Kind of frustrating...hope this gets resolved soon.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
Let's hope MF 4.5 is coming soon and these little annoyances are ironed out.  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Iowaguy

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 12:31:39 AM »
One more [last] comment.  I've found that although I can't hold the slider and move it using the glow and grow feature,  I can "paw" at it and get it to move in small increments at a time and eventually get about where I wanted it to go.  Also, the whole problem seems to resolve itself once in awhile before going bad again.  I can't figure out what the trigger might be.  I'm losing some confidence in these mixers.  If I had any real serious work to do, I might be checking out the competition.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
 A lot of us have had problems with the older iPads due to the smaller processor in the older versions. There has been constant lagging and glitches since the MF 4 version needs a bit more " horsepower" to run the app.  It looks like your having problems on the iPad 2 which is a older model. Are the other iPads that you say are OK older models too ?

I have had no lagging or slow response issues with the newer iPads.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »
With the older ipad always close the backgrond apps and make a restart before the show, this saves you a lot of trouble

K-Dubber

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 10:03:40 PM »
Noticed this issue at my first show since upgrading to MF4.5 at the weekend. My ipad4 which is hard-connected to the dl was experiencing the grow and glow difficulty. Never had that issue on MF 3.