Author Topic: Hahaha- found this on ebay. Just had to share :)  (Read 2774 times)

Scott Campbell

• Youngling
  • Amateur sound guy, but not a musician.
    • MCM Festival
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he stays warm for the rest of his life!

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
Re: Hahaha- found this on ebay. Just had to share :)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »
Ha! Well spotted.

Unfortunately they will sell plenty.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:38:13 AM »
For a quick set up or one time change I can see using these. I use these on my 2 analog boards in lieu of tape and markers and got to tell you these are great little tags.
You can also put a little,piece of masking tape over the front and make your own custom tags
to mark things other than faders, such as a power amp left or right channel.  They actually send a few blanks along with the set.  They are a bit pricy but are a lot of fun
Your never to old to learn something stupid

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »
...or you could just rename the channel without masking tape, pen, magnetic strip or any of the associated buying, carrying, searching and losing.

I'm finally coming to terms with the 21st century and leaving magnetic tags and strips of masking tape behind is a small but significant factor :)

Scott Campbell

• Youngling
  • Amateur sound guy, but not a musician.
    • MCM Festival
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 02:21:43 PM »
Rdmitch, I made a few of these for a church set up I had years ago (cut up flat fridge magnet, masking tape, marker), very useful. The hilarity is that these are specifically made for the DL1608  :lol:   

I'd love to see that set up in action out in the wild! The magnet might act as a cover trigger, and turn the screen off on the Ipad, not to mention the joy of swiping to get the other 8 channels on the screen and the confusion that would no doubt cause said buyer (if they found a way to get the magnets to stick, perhaps with glue or some other bonding agent).

I'm having waaaay too much fun thinking of the possibilities  :laugh:

I suppose this ebay poster just used a list to compile all the known mixers, and just made a item on ebay for each, without actually thinking... at all....
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he stays warm for the rest of his life!

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 03:47:54 PM »
There all the same and really not made for a 1608. They just change the posting name and put them on eBay.
But no matter what you order them for, they are all the exact same set of tags.

Look up any mixer and you will find these listed.

But they really are cool little items.
Your never to old to learn something stupid