Author Topic: Master Fader 4.5 Released!  (Read 56344 times)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Re: Master Fader 4.5 Released!
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2016, 02:47:31 PM »
Did the first real show with the MF 4.5 and our DL32R. It was kind of important, as it was a fundraiser and Delvin Choice (from The Voice) and another local celebrity was appearing with us, so the last thing we wanted was a glitch.

Initially, I considered not upgrading, or using an another console, but after hours of testing with saved shows and tracks, and then with live inputs, I was pretty confident it would work out for us.

Lo and behold.... everything was wonderful.  I'm tellin' ya, the reverbs are beautiful.   That X* has nothing on this now, glad I ditched it. Blows away my Presonus and A&H built-in reverbs!

But the star of the show... the new RTA features.    OMG.  THANK YOU for this....

It's like a brand new mixer for me.

Should Mackie ever open it up for other platforms, it will be quite possibly my favorite mixer of all, for a long time to come too.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
Yah, with the channel RTA I'm finally considering my DL1608 to be feature complete.

I'd still love to see individual pre/post pre send per channel, but I'm not expecting it.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »
I'd still love to see individual pre/post pre send per channel, but I'm not expecting it.
I need either that or a second reverb (so I can run one pre and one post).

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
My use is playback for track acts, needs to be post in the monitors. I can get around it by hard patching a bus back to a channel. Be nice to have it built in, though.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2016, 01:30:10 AM »
My use is playback for track acts, needs to be post in the monitors. I can get around it by hard patching a bus back to a channel. Be nice to have it built in, though.
So, you need to adjust the volume of a track in both the main mix and monitor mixes simultaneously? Why? Could you do it via a subgroup or DCA? i don't use subgroups or DCA's so don't know what limitations they have...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2016, 02:56:55 AM »
RR if you're not using DCA's or subgroups you're missing out on a lot configuration features and simplifying mixing.  ;)
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2016, 03:11:18 AM »
RR if you're not using DCA's or subgroups you're missing out on a lot configuration features and simplifying mixing.  ;)
Never needed them on a MixWiz - kinda silly on a 16 channel mixer IMO, YMMV :) .

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »
Never needed them on a MixWiz - kinda silly on a 16 channel mixer IMO, YMMV :) .

Dunno, it's pretty handy when you don't have access to every fader all the time and you do have time to set up in advance.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2016, 02:19:05 PM »
So, you need to adjust the volume of a track in both the main mix and monitor mixes simultaneously?
People will walk up to me at a showcase and say "Hi, our dance company is up next, our track is here on this phone. Go when we get to places. Fade it out when we exit the stage." Mains and mons have to fade together.

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »
For this u can assign the aux main fader to a vca, then u can acces this fader on the main page

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2016, 05:44:54 PM »
It's a lot easier on physical faders (Mixwiz) to control multiples than on a piece of glass coaxing glow and grow.  :)
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2016, 05:48:29 PM »
It's a lot easier on physical faders (Mixwiz) to control multiples than on a piece of glass coaxing glow and grow.  :)
Sho'nuff...

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2016, 09:13:46 PM »
If you have the aux's for their monitor set at post fade, won't the aux volume drop right along with the main channel fader being faded out ? Then the main and monitor drop together.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

jr_jrafael

• Youngling
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »
Boa noite

O ideal é poder selecionar se o canal é pré ou pós fader...

Mas como só podemos selecionar o aux inteiro. A idéia do VCA é perfeita...

Você coloca no VCA o canal que esta o mp3 do aux1 ate o aux6 e tambem do LR.... ao diminuir o volume do VCA os canais todos vao diminuir simultaneamente. ..

Antes de tudo faça um teste meamo que offline.

Valew..

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »
Or just do the fade-out on the phone's volume control...