Author Topic: Exporting shows to iTunes  (Read 2725 times)

Cobra Jet

• Padawan
Exporting shows to iTunes
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »
I like to periodically export my shows from my iPad. I have been using iTunes and it seems to be working well but I’m concerned that that backup is only residing on my iPad and not on my Windows based computer when I sync to iTunes. If I’m correct then what would happen if my iPad were to die or be stolen?

Any advice would be appreciated.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Exporting shows to iTunes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:57:17 AM »
I export my shows to email, then I know I have them somewhere else. :)

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:37:27 AM »
I export mine to Dropbox, and haven't had any issues with that.
Mackie Junkie

Cobra Jet

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I don’t have email on the iPad & I don’t have Drop Box yet but I was hoping to use Google Drive. I was able to Export to Google Drive and can see the file on my PC. When I try to Import, I see the .DLshow file but it’s grey and I can’t select it. Has anyone had luck Importing back to Google Drive? If I can’t figure it out I will download and try Drop Box

Thanks again
Mark

Cobra Jet

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 04:04:39 AM »
So I downloaded Dropbox and I get the same result as with Google Drive. I'm able to export but when I go to Import it's greyed out and I can't select the show file. It looks like I'm doing something wrong.

Cobra Jet

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 04:33:33 AM »
So I downloaded Dropbox and I get the same result as with Google Drive. I'm able to export but when I go to Import it's greyed out and I can't select the show file. It looks like I'm doing something wrong.

Ok it looks like I figured out what I was doing wrong with Dropbox. When I would click to change the name it would remove the .DLshow part of the file. Once I added it back it worked. I tried the same in Google Drive and adding the .DLshow did not fix the problem