Author Topic: Intermission music playback questions.  (Read 2467 times)

JMc

• Padawan
Intermission music playback questions.
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:22:40 PM »
Pardon if this has already been covered (ad nauseum most likely), but a quick search didn't bring up what I was looking for.  I know that audio files must be converted to 48kHz .WAV files in order to be played back, but can't find any reference to the bit rate.  Is 16-bit okay, or does it need to be 24-bit or does it matter?  Thanks in advance.  Also, any anticipated problems with renaming my current Music folder to "Music2" and leaving it on the drive for later use?  We're doing a wedding this weekend and need to load up different kind of intermission music than we normally play...  I'm assuming that anything in the folder marked "Music" will be accessible in Master Fader and anything in the "Music2" or whatever folder will not be...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:06:35 PM by JMc »

Michael Welter

• Knight
Re: Intermission music playback questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »
The bit rate doesn't matter, except for the quality of the sound, of course. As long as your files are 48Khz .Wav files, you're good to go.

As for renaming your current folder to Music2, and creating a new one called Music, I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine that would cause problems. Give it a try.
Mackie Junkie

JMc

• Padawan
Re: Intermission music playback questions.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »
The bit rate doesn't matter, except for the quality of the sound, of course. As long as your files are 48Khz .Wav files, you're good to go.

As for renaming your current folder to Music2, and creating a new one called Music, I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine that would cause problems. Give it a try.

Thank you for the reply...  I tried it and as expected, the renamed folder just doesn't show up, but the "new" Music folder does with the right content.  All good.