Author Topic: Master Fader 4.5.1 Released!  (Read 8633 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: Master Fader 4.5.1 Released!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »
Before you ship it back and wait for repairs to take place, try a different router.
Perhaps you can borrow a cheap linksys or other brand other than Apple.

Might be worth a try, like I said in another thread I have certain routers that just don't like
the Mackie or the Behringer.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »
Correct, the port marked <----> on the AE. No light appearing.

No light means no connection. Cable, router, mixer, at least one of these is bad. Swap them out until you figure out which one. It's basic troubleshooting.

Marcellus76

• Youngling
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 01:52:37 PM »
Yes, for sure its a connection problem so I have tried different router, changed cable and only missing the network card of the Mackie. I have contacted the Vendor (Thomann) and waiting their reply as to next step.
Will keep you informed with developments - Would hate to ship it back as using the mixer on daily basis.

Thanks all comments and help!

c172essna

• Youngling
Check Your Automatic Downloads iPad Setting
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:47 PM »
I learned a valuable lesson last night and perhaps passing it on will be of help to others.

After setting up for a gig and then attempting to sync our iPad to the DL32, I got a message that the mixer firmware had to be upgraded to MF 4.5. I had deliberately (I thought) delayed upgrading to 4.5 in order to give things more time. I certainly had not intended to upgrade 90 minutes before an important gig. I had no choice but to proceed with the upgrade. The "abort" option got me nowhere.

I turns out that "automatically upgrade apps" was on in our iPad (OS 10) settings - probably an OS 10 default.

To prevent this from happening to you... Open Settings > iTunes & App Store, and turn off "Updates" under "Automatic Downloads".

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »
yes, it defaults to auto upgrade when you do a iOS update. The subject has been addressed here a bizzilion times to turn off the auto update feature. I too have fallen prey to the same screw up.

last night there must have been bad mackie karma in the air, I finished sound check everything smooth as silk, even had a good new verb setting happening.
Turned on my other iPad and hit the wrong sync button and wiped out my settings.  had to redo entire sound check with 5 minutes to go before start.  Luckily a small show without guitars being miked.
Only had to deal with drums, vox, bass and quickey monitor test.

Your never to old to learn something stupid