Author Topic: Master Fader 4.5 Released!  (Read 56354 times)

Marcellus76

• Youngling
Re: Master Fader 4.5 Released!
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2016, 07:23:06 AM »
Hello everybody,

Im new to this forum, but have been using the DL1608 seamlessly since MF2 until i recently updated to MF4.5. I have never had any problems with software upgrades until now when I suddenly see that my Ipads will not connect wireless anymore. I am running a Airport Express which is connected to my home network for internet as well together with a Ipad Air and a Ipad Air Mini. Everything was working smooth before latest update to MF4.5. Looks like the the ethernet port of the DL1608 is not connected to the Airport Express (no lights either on router or dl1608 which i think i remember from previously). I have done a factory reset of DL1608 and reinstalled latest software , but nothing changed.
Everything is working fine when Ipad is docked -

Pleased to hear if somebody else has experienced this problem and if there is a way to work around it.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2016, 06:23:14 PM »
I've seen some comments about issues with the IP address with MF 4.5, but I think this is one of the issues addressed in the recent update MF 4.5.1  I'd put the newest update in, update your mixer's firmware and see if the problem goes away.  If not, you might have to make some changes with the mixer's IP address. 

Marcellus76

• Youngling
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
Thanks Wynnd, I will try to assign static IP to DL1608 again and see if AE will recognize it. I have MF4.5.1 and have done a factory reset of dl1608 and updated dl1608 to same version. All new features of the 4.5.1 is working smoothly when ipad docked so no doubt it has correct software installed. I agree with you that this is an IP issue between AE and dl1608, but I cannot find a way to allow wireless control of the dl1608.  Could it have anything to do with latest IOS10.0.2 update of my Ipad?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2016, 09:03:22 PM »
Recommend rebooting iPad (not sleep mode). Then attempt to reestablish network connection. If necessary remove old connection and let the iPad search for the DL network. Do not run MF until you can establish a connection with the iPad setup. It's always a bad idea to change more than one variable such as MF and iOS at the same time.
When in doubt KISS

Marcellus76

• Youngling
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »
I have tried to reboot all units and set up the Airport Express again. I have updated again to MF4.5.1 and tried setting static IP as well as Dynamic on DL1608, but there is no way the router will recognize the dl1608 - I fear the Ethernet connection of the dl1608 may be damaged. The mixer has never been moved from our rehearsal studio and only 1 year old so its a shame if its a physical fault. Will try to contact Mackie tech support tomorrow to ask their opinion.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »
Do you have a different router you can try the system with. Something not part of your home/studio wifi system
The Mackie seems to work best with a stand alone router.
I have the airport express also and it seems to work fine with the DL,IOS10 and 4.5
But if I try the airport express with my X32 ,  it will not recognize the router at all
I learned to use a cheap linksys with the behringer.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2016, 03:53:03 AM »