Author Topic: Fork Master Fader  (Read 2340 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Fork Master Fader
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:42:40 PM »
It's clear at this point that Master Fader has been stretched sufficiently to be separated. A typical venue for the DL 806/1608 no longer meets the needs of a DL32 based Axis system. Nor does a Axis system belong in places for the 806/1608. So if you are concerned that the DL806/1608 will be left behind by separation, well it's already a fact. Time actually for version II of that DL806/1608 series. One size fits all will not work here Mackie. In terms of $$ a $1000 system and a $7000 system run by the same software simply make no sense.
When in doubt KISS

Topsøe

• Knight
Re: Fork Master Fader
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 05:39:35 AM »
It makes alot of sense i have both DL1608 and DL32r with DC16 and the scalability of the system is in my oppinion one of its strongest assets , it is hovever a drag that you cant import a DL1608 show to DL32r but have to rebuild it when the clients band grow out off the DL1608. And freelancer just bring their iPad run and save their own shows ,and you can share if you are to take over a band
On some gigs it is practical to bring the DC16 get real faders and all , some times there is no space for it and a couple of linked iPads will do the job.
If in doubt ask

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Re: Fork Master Fad
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 05:09:07 AM »
it is hovever a drag that you cant import a DL1608 show to DL32r but have to rebuild it when the clients band grow out off the DL1608.

On some gigs it is practical to bring the DC16 get real faders and all , some times there is no space for it and a couple of linked iPads will do the job.

I've run into the inability to upgrade from 1608 to dl32r twice... once was for my own band, another was for a permanent install I did and later upgraded.  It would have been nice to import and it just apply to the first 16 channels, etc.   Oh welll.....

The idea of having a physical control surface is attractive to another client for an install I did... they actually are very excited about the opportunity of upgrading without replacing what they have or relearning anything - all monitors will be mixed exactly the way they have been since day one. Only FOH will change.