Author Topic: Master Fader 4.5.2 Released!  (Read 6947 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader 4.5.2 Released!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 05:05:46 PM »
Maybe no bug fixes for the 1608/DL32 non-DC16 owners, but I guess any improvements are better than none. Hopefully the bugs will get ironed out and we are not left behind until if and when Mackie releases new versions of these mixers.

The DL1608 seems to be working just fine for me after the current firmware update. Fingers crossed!  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Aqntbghd

• Youngling
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 11:37:56 PM »
Also remember that in the software industry, not everything is bound to dev effort, some effort is also needed from the test people. may be for that release they had the opportunity to do a real good long test run on the DC16 and decided to include all the bug fixes for that platform, may be they have more bug fixes ready for other platforms (DL1608) but are waiting for a test cycle to be run on these to be able to publish the fixes in a real release after they are verified. :)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 04:00:53 AM »
Sadly Mackie's track record tells a different story. I doubt that it's being held up by "testers". The developer or 's are the testers. Most of Mackie's past history on software development has been disorganized and most SW engineers have left them because of that. Case in point the Traction team and others (D8B etc.). I also would not classify Mackie as being in the software industry.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:04:36 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 01:59:27 AM »