Author Topic: And They Said It Would Not, Could Not, Ever .......  (Read 2789 times)

James91104

• Knight
And They Said It Would Not, Could Not, Ever .......
« on: November 14, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
but alas, the Mackoids Of Woodinville have managed to pull one out the hat with the new and improved reverb effects as part of the latest MF4/4.5.

With myself included among the most ardent of the skeptics and he without faith , I just got around to have a go with the updated FW/SW, and what a gleeful surprise upon auditioning the verbs.

IME, I find the verbs to be of a definite improvement, so much so that I took the little bugger DL1608 out for a job sans external verb for the first time in some years, proving to be capable and usable for my taste and minimum requirements.

Worth the price of admission. Props and thanks to all responsible at Mackie for scratching one off the wish list :)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Re: And They Said It Would Not, Could Not, Ever .......
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:44:24 PM »

IME, I find the verbs to be of a definite improvement, so much so that I took the little bugger DL1608 out for a job sans external verb for the first time in some years, proving to be capable and usable for my taste and minimum requirements.

Worth the price of admission. Props and thanks to all responsible at Mackie for scratching one off the wish list :)

It breathed new life into my DL32R for sure.   It now blows away other digital mixers that I have owned and used.  So much so that I have used the DL32R exclusively since that update. No more picking a certain mixer because it fits the act (or my own band's show) better for the crisp / airy 'verbs, or bringing an outboard processor.   

I have one that suits our band's singer beautifully and another our drummer loves for his snare.     

It would be outstanding if people would create some presets that mimic different devices and we created a library of them!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 01:59:14 PM »
Us DL1608 users sure could use some "second reverb" love  :-\ .

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 03:04:49 AM »
Us DL1608 users sure could use some "second reverb" love  :-\ .

I think someone posted that there was a reason there was no 2nd verb/delay.  Resources or something? It's been a while.

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 07:29:48 AM »
It's called marketing...