Author Topic: Sharing settings (EQ, Gate, Comp, Verb, Delay-delay-delay)  (Read 3568 times)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Sharing settings (EQ, Gate, Comp, Verb, Delay-delay-delay)
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:48:20 PM »
Is there a repository where people are sharing their DL32R (or should I say just DL*) settings?

Owners have been creating their perfect settings I'm sure, and the pro-sound companies who use the DL* devices probably have saved settings for every type of Microphone on the market, and what they are used for.....

I know some people have a LOT of experience with effects and have likely created some super reverbs.

If this site exists, where is it? 

If it doesn't exist, why not? =)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Sharing settings (EQ, Gate, Comp, Verb, Delay-delay-delay)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »
Is there a repository where people are sharing their DL32R (or should I say just DL*) settings?
Just attach the files to your posts here :) .

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:28:51 PM »
Just attach the files to your posts here :) .

Not exactly what I am envisioning...   imagine a file sharing site, with a simple category list...

Reverb, Delay, Microphone, Instrument.

You enter one, and there's a list...   you can just download or click more info...

sM57 Snare Top - funk
Beta 52a bass drum - rock
E835 mic - female
Tc 50s plate reverb
Purple rain vocal delay
Upright bass - k&k - rockabilly
PGA-98h Sax
Helpinstill 300 grand piano pickup

Ya da ya da...

A sound engineer on a festival gig has something thrown at them they are not familiar with, and in a minute, they could search, download and implement someone else's base settings as long as they have Internet access.

It could work in a forum, sure, but not nearly as easily.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »
This has to be user driven, otherwise, all that pesky red tape mackie would have to go through.
Heh "you cant use akg's name without licensing" would be the first argument there, otherwise...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »
Not exactly what I am envisioning...   imagine a file sharing site, with a simple category list...
You enter one, and there's a list...   you can just download or click more info...
Not trivial to set up or maintain. But - start by posting a few here, maybe it'll evolve into what you envision :) .

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
Not trivial to set up or maintain. But - start by posting a few here, maybe it'll evolve into what you envision :) .

I'll look to see if there is an existing plugin for WordPress or some repository for MySQL/apache/php that I can use and I'll just throw something together.  Being able to quickly search and traverse the files would be what would help grow the collection.   

I've worked with file sharing for years, from bbses, to forums, to develpment communities...  the most active ones are always:

Easy to access to download without jumping through hoops - no login required
Easy to search by various fields - no login
Allow short concise description and long detailed description
Have some kind of voting/ranking to indicate how well it works or issues - requires login
Have comments - requires login
Allow notification upon updates to those who follow/download - requires login
Has download counter (can be used to show top downloaded/most popular files)

In our case we need categories and tags....   so we can go straight to what we want...   like MICROPHONES, or EFFECTS.

If this forum allows this, then create a new folder structure and try that....

Presets/verb&delay
presets/microphones
Presets/gates&comp
Presets/instruments
Presets/shows - people could upload an entire show as demonstration of how they do it.
Presets/help - allow uploads of things people are working on.... maybe the community can look at the gate, compressor, verb, etc and explain why it's doing what it is doing

Peebo

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 04:06:37 PM »
I agree! A site like that would be great.
I'd also like to download a saved show for quicker setting up and to expand my knowledge of the digital boards by seeing how others are setting them up.
Also, a few recorded multi wave files for people to try with their DAWS would be good.
I held back on getting my DL32 until I new for sure that Sonar by cakewalk could handle the files.