Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DC16 won't connect to DL32R

(1/2) > >>

johnse:
I just got my DC16 and Dante card today. Installed Dante card in the DL32R, upgraded all the firmware.

iPad Air <--lightning USB-> DC16 <--Ethercon Cat5e--> Dante Card (DL32R) <-Cat5e-> AirPort Extreme 

Also wired via the AirPort router is a dbx Driverack PA2+

The system without the DC16 has been working fine.

1) Power on AirPort Extreme to provide DHCP addressing (Also tried without the WiFi router and without the dbx on the network)
2) Power on DL32R and wait until it has initialized
3) Power on DC16
4) After a little bit the DC16 will show "Searching for Mixers" and will frequently stay stuck right there.
5) However, if I press Setup (Alt+Dyn) it will:
5a) suddenly show the DL32R or
5b) I page down to show the About option, select it, then cancel--at which point it shows the DL32R
6) I select it, answer to use Slot FOH, and set up Dante automatically.
7) It then says "Connecting to DL32R Slot FOH" and never goes any further.
8 ) Press Gain and then Setup again.
9) DC16 says "Connected to None, Change?", which returns to step 5a/b

If I connect a computer to the network and run Dante Controller, I can see both Dante devices and the correct channel routing.

Also, If I have the wired iPad running Master Fader (4.5.3), at step 4 it will show both the DL32R and DC16 on the list of Wired devices.
At step 7, sometimes the iPad will lose sight of both DC16 and DL32R. Unplugging then replugging the iPad to the DC16 allows it to see both again. 

Does anyone have any ideas on troubleshooting this?

WK154:
I think your best chance at this time would be Mackie support. Required real time communications (phone).
Cheers

johnse:
Thank you for your reply. I've already submitted the question via their support channel. Of course it's a long weekend so I probably won't get any kind of answer until Tuesday :(

It sounds from your wording that you also ran into a similar situation?

WK154:
No it's based on the few DC16 out in the field. I would not go that route.

Topsøe:
And the iPad is in the controler USB ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version