Author Topic: DL 1608 Master Fader Stuck on Screen during gig  (Read 3482 times)

troy mcclure

• Padawan
DL 1608 Master Fader Stuck on Screen during gig
« on: December 25, 2016, 06:53:52 PM »
Friday night my band played a gig in a venue I have played before and right before down beat, I did a sound check on the kick drum.  I was EQ the kick  channel and everything was working as usual and I messed with a few other channels and switched to the  Main channel and and the screen stuck there.  I was able to control the fader and the EQ.  I could get into the Aux levels but they too were stuck on the EQ function.
I updated my software and rebooted my DL 1608 about 3 months ago and 2 other strange things happen since:
Some gigs the ipad will not sync to the dl1608 docked until I start another APP and come back.
The settings from the last use are not still in the DL when turn it on.

I am running MF 3.2.3...not sure if this is the best version for my older Ipad.

Any Ideas?

stevegarris

• Knight
Re: DL 1608 Master Fader Stuck on Screen during gig
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »
Were you able to get it functioning again after a reboot of the iPad?

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 08:57:26 PM »
no I rebooted the ipad and it came back to same screen ... still on that screen this am.  I downloaded MF 4...and will test it another day.
I was stuck on EQ and Master Volume page all gig... not the worse page to be stuck in but my only to boost my guitarists vocals during the songs he sings lead was boosting his gain.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
Did you try another iPad / iPhone / iThing???

Did you double-pump the home key and then close out the MF'n app by sliding it upward?

I had something similar happen once, and rebooting the iPad did not help at all, I had to double-tap that home button, close out all the apps, then I went ahead and restarted...
The iPad keeps the last loaded apps in the state they were last in most of the time. You can reboot it all day long and that not change.... 

Good luck!

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
Thanks I will try :thu:

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:39:14 PM »
A hard reboot of the iPad will close everything.
Hold the power button in until the power slider appears.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 02:41:33 AM »

Your iPad must be special...   I just tried it on 3 different ones simultaneously...   iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad 3.   The first two have the latest iOS on them, the iPad 3 has the latest 9 that it will support.

Tried it by holding power buttons until slider - then slid it to power off.  Came back up... Master Fader still running when I double pump home.

Then held powerbutton and home until reboot....      Same apps running.

Every single time I have had an app lock up (happens A LOT with the mail client, at least once every week or two) - I have to double-tap home and close out the app, then restart it and all is well. Rebooting 10 times in a row won't even help.   

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »

Your iPad must be special...   I just tried it on 3 different ones simultaneously...   iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad 3.   The first two have the latest iOS on them, the iPad 3 has the latest 9 that it will support.

Tried it by holding power buttons until slider - then slid it to power off.  Came back up... Master Fader still running when I double pump home.

Every single time I have had an app lock up (happens A LOT with the mail client, at least once every week or two) - I have to double-tap home and close out the app, then restart it and all is well. Rebooting 10 times in a row won't even help.

That's a reboot, and open programs remain open.

Possibly try a reset; Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 06:22:58 PM »

That's a reboot, and open programs remain open.

Possibly try a reset; Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Yep, I know the difference between the two.... Try it for yourself - known bug with Apple - it doesn't always close out apps....  So, to insure your apps close, double-tap home and then slide those apps upward and close them that way, THEN reboot, and the hung apps will not auto-restart (in the same hung state).