Author Topic: iCloud nightmare  (Read 1605 times)

pytchley

• Knight
iCloud nightmare
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »
Fortunately this happened at a rehearsal. The iPad3 that I leave docked all the time isn't used outside of gigs. When I started it up it wanted me to enter my icloud password. There was no internet access at the gig and no phone signal. I'd forgotten icloud was even turned on and it was only active for find my ipad, contacts and calendar. It said my password was incorrect and came back about every 20seconds blocking the ipad and making mixing very trying indeed to the point of driving me crazy all afternoon. I tried everything I could think of to get rid of it to no avail whilst continuing to try and look as if there were no problems in a very complicated stage show where I do sound and lights and act! When i got home it didn't take long to sign out and regain control. I've been using this setup for around three years without this ever happening before. What set it off? Could I have sorted it any other way? You can't sign out without entering your password and a restart did no good and couldn't use the other ipad as it's the music player for this gig. So be warned, don't allow icloud... and don't loose your ipad!