Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Soundcraft a Home Run ?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I found the HTML app very intuitive and easy to navigate. Not as nice maybe as MF but still pretty good. It’s also nice that you can run the app on a Windows laptop and connect via a CAT5 cable if the wireless becomes flaky.

The dual band built in wireless should make a big difference, though. I just hope they’ve cured the “reported” noisy pre-amps that were an issue for some owners of the Ui12 and 16 in this new model.  :)

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on January 21, 2017, 01:35:57 PM ---I found the HTML app very intuitive and easy to navigate. Not as nice maybe as MF but still pretty good. It’s also nice that you can run the app on a Windows laptop and connect via a CAT5 cable if the wireless becomes flaky.

The dual band built in wireless should make a big difference, though. I just hope they’ve cured the “reported” noisy pre-amps that were an issue for some owners of the Ui12 and 16 in this new model.  :)

--- End quote ---
I actually like the workflow of the UI better than Mackie's. The very reason I didn't pick up a Ui before was because of the reported poor pre's. I wouldn't recommend a Ui12 or 16 because of that and the single frequency WiFi. If the Studer folks had their hand in the pre's they will be much better. Anyone that has mixed on a Vi console will tell you that. HTML will make the "which tablet" issue vanish. The "lots of buttons" complaint is nonsense.

stevegarris:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the compression demo doesn't really function. You can move the sliders but I don't see that a comp is kicking in. Will the the comp meters be red like on every other board?

It's missing a parametric EQ on the main out, but sub groups have them.

(4) Effects is nice. I've always wanted a chorus effect. Also love the "Mute FX" button.

As far as ease of operation, I thought is was very good, and feel I could get used to it after 1 gig. I like the swipe to move left right (like DL),

The More Me button and operation is interesting. Does anyone know how to change the channel assignments?

Keyboard Magic:
Alas, to even get a physical look at one, as per Sound Craft's website, it won't be available until April this year.  :( Ah well! The way the time is going, that won't be too long now!  :mrgreen:

WK154:
As in ALL demo's without the mixer it's a poor representation of the functioning unit. No-one is going to write a Dl or X-- or Ui simulator. The parametrics are part of the AFS2 function on the outputs. Best to see a fully functioning unit before making buy decisions. If you notice this is the demo for the Ui16 not the Ui24r.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version