Author Topic: X Air app  (Read 4381 times)

chrisdski

• Youngling
X Air app
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »
hey all,

I am going to pick up a XR soon. Question about the app. I currently use an iPad and have played with the x air app off and on. I recently downloaded the android app  to my phone (both the stock and 3rd party app). The android app seems better than the iPad app. Has that been others experience?  I have a lot of experience using Mackies master fader app- what has been others experiences moving from Mackie to X Air?  Is it worth getting an android tablet, or is the rumored iPad app update soon to appear?  Thanks for any opinions you can give. Chris

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: X Air app
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:08:48 AM »
According to Jan Duwe (development manager) the iPad app has been in beta test since December  :). So any day now  ;) since the last version back in Sept 2015. You can get a glimpse of what it looks like here:
http://downloads.music-group.com/MID/MIDAS_MR18%20P0C8H_Marketing%20Information%20Document_2.0.pdf
You could also consider the MR18 by Midas$  ;).
I have been using Dave Schumann's Android app for gigs.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »
Yah - the iPad app sux. The Andoid one sux slightly less - get the much better third party version of it from the app store "Mixing Station X Air Pro".

TimmyP1955

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »
Agree that Mixing Station is very nice, save for the lack of pretty pictures of the FX units.  And, MS is very customizable (though you have to figure it out for yourself - I've not found any tutorials about it.)  I managed to add a Sends On Fader button for every bus, and a number of FX send knobs so I don't have to go into SOF for that.  A fellow on one of the Facebook groups figured out how to get two rows of faders, which is very slick.

chrisdski

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I'll probably spring for the Behringer XR18.  Don't know if I'll use the multitrack recording much but I do like the option on the XR18, otherwise I'd go with the XR 16 if it had multitracking.  Besides the upgraded preamps on the Midas XR18- its essentially the same unit as the Behringer?  The $300 premium for the Midas is probably not worth my hobby use of the system. I'll find a cheap Android tablet to use Mixing Station on.  Chris
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:59:16 PM by chrisdski »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 08:04:29 AM »
If you own a PC tablet you can run the Android app on it as well with a emulator. Just another option. If the form factor is not a problem then the X18 is a more cost effective choice.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:12:57 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS