Author Topic: Upgrading iOS but not newest ver  (Read 2758 times)

stevegarris

• Knight
Upgrading iOS but not newest ver
« on: February 18, 2017, 11:55:51 PM »
I currently have a rock solid platform, running Master Fader Classic on my iPad 2, iOS ver 7.1.

Due to a new software requirement, I need to get the iPad to version 8 or better. I'm very concerned about having new problems. Any advice?

I'm now backing up my iPad using iTunes. Is there a way to upgrade to iOS8 only?

stevegarris

• Knight
Re: Upgrading iOS but not newest ver
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »
Looks like my only choice is ver 9.3.5. I just don't want this to slow my iPad down!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:33:27 AM »
9.3.5 runs fine on my iPad 2's and original iPad mini. I've not noticed any slowdown.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »
I'm running an ipad 2 and an older mini on 9.3.5 with the latest version of Master Fader.  I'm not having any issues and I also have a newer mini running ios 10.x again, no problems.  Not really looking forward to having to upgrade my ipads when Master Fader no longer supports anything prior to ios 10.  On the other hand, I've had 3.5 years of software upgrades that have taken the mixer from a basic level to quite a nice piece of equipment.  I will continue to upgrade the software as long as Mackie continues to provide improvements.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »
I did the OS upgrade and everything is fine. I'm having to learn X32 mix, which needed the newer os. Horrible app BTW.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 07:07:25 PM »
I'll add one new comment, since the iOS update I have noticed that the "sync" process takes quite a bit longer. Both when docking, and undocking, I would say it takes twice as long for the sync to start.