Author Topic: Master Fader and Preset name  (Read 3588 times)

Ram

• Padawan
Master Fader and Preset name
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:33:52 PM »
Hi guys!

In Master Fader, when I select a preset (say for example in EQ), why don't the name of the selected preset be shown in that screen?
This bothers me when I selected a preset and go to other screens, and come back to the original screen - I would like to know what preset I used.
In my opinion, the name should 'show' in that screen - until you made a change to the selected Eq.
Does this bother anyone- or is it just me :-).

-Ram

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Master Fader and Preset name
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 06:01:11 AM »
it hasn't bothered me but let me verify what you are saying....
let's say you choose a custom EQ preset that you made, and it is named "lead GTR".

You load it, and then go to the Lead GTR input channel and when you look at the EQ, there is no mention of the fact that the settings of that EQ are the result of the "recalled" EQ preset?

Is that what you are saying? So you would like a small area in the EQ to display the name of the preset if one has been recalled for that channel?

barrynz

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »
I'd like to add my voice to that query......  It hasn't troubled me greatly, but yes..... as you have said Dapper Dan, say I've set up a channel using a factory preset eq......  If I come back to that channel later on, there doesn't appear to be anywhere that cues me to what preset I have actually used.... 

randy.debord

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 09:07:44 PM »
Also, if the preset in a channel has been modified it should indicate that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 12:35:01 AM »
Also, if the preset in a channel has been modified it should indicate that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, the loaded preset should be displayed in Mackie green, if it has been altered it would change color to orange.
To me, red shouid mean danger, something is wrong.
Nice suggestions!

barrynz

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 12:37:03 AM »
Or perhaps just the name of the loaded preset is visible somewhere...with an * added if edited.....????

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 09:49:37 PM »
Does this bother anyone- or is it just me :-).

You are not alone. This bothers me a lot while I'm actually working but by the time the gig's over I've moved on so very glad you've mentioned it.

Also - reverb presets, etc.

lotb60

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »
I really agree on the effect pre-sets!!  Should be easy enough to include that with next update.  Fingers crossed.

Ram

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »
Hope Mackie support reads this forum- so they can include this in their update list...
Thanks every one - I am not alone!!
-Ram

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 06:20:48 AM »
Ram, you can bet your bottom dollar more than a few people with Mackie read these topics.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 03:11:38 AM »
Wow....  I have thought about this a dozen or more times but didn't feel it was important enough to mention as I too have just worked around it - usually just reloading my presets that I know should be there to make sure they are correct, then tweaking.

Thanks for actually saying something and underscoring that it is important...

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »
I've always considered presets suggested starting points.  Unless I build it myself, I'm unlikely to leave it alone.  So while the suggestions are good ones, I'd probably ignore it.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
I've always considered presets suggested starting points.  Unless I build it myself, I'm unlikely to leave it alone.  So while the suggestions are good ones, I'd probably ignore it.

A lot of my presets are never-changing.   If I recall it for a specific need, it likely doesn't need tweaking since I set it exactly the way I wanted it to begin with. But hey, some people are tweakers, and that's their thing.
Others are starting points, obviously, but in that case, the topic is right on the mark.

shufflebeat

• Padawan
  • XXL
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:07 PM »
 All good stuff.

However, some of my presets are fairly similar, maybe three presets differing in one aspect. It's important to know which is loaded, before a song starts and I can hear it in action.

I can think of several workarounds but having it displayed in the preset slot would be ideal, and surely not difficult. It's how we deal with shows/snapshots already.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:35:02 PM by shufflebeat »