Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Tool to prepare DL32R multichannel files for your DAW

<< < (2/4) > >>

nedorama:
John -

Pro Tools can import multi-channel WAV files, so I'm not sure why you didn't just spend the $50 to buy a new iLok and have Pro Tools back. For anyone who's paid already for Pro Tools, it's a much easier solution. Yes it's $50 for a new dongle, but then you have all of that functionality back. If I lost my iLok, I'd buy another one that day.

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: nedorama on March 16, 2017, 04:35:31 PM ---John -

Pro Tools can import multi-channel WAV files, so I'm not sure why you didn't just spend the $50 to buy a new iLok and have Pro Tools back. For anyone who's paid already for Pro Tools, it's a much easier solution. Yes it's $50 for a new dongle, but then you have all of that functionality back. If I lost my iLok, I'd buy another one that day.

--- End quote ---

I thought I responded to this already but I guess my iPad didn't submit it.. sigh....   

It's a little more complicated than just replacing the iLok... I purchased from an online vendor, not Sweetwater, Guitar Center or even Amazon, the outright purchased version, and it was gosh, 3-4 years ago now, so it was an older version.  I COULD have replaced the iLok if only I had registered the product, but I didn't, and by the time I lost the dongle, I had also lost any record of my purchase.  I don't remember the vendor, don't even have access to the credit cards I had back then, etc.

So I'm SOL...  It's either buy it again, or subscribe, etc.     I'm using other tools these days such as Audition, Studio One and even Audacity for simple edits.

ToH2002:

--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on March 06, 2017, 04:42:31 PM ---Suggestions for future frontend enhancements:

1. Allow some type of dynamic input in addition to the profiles... Like if someone clicks a checkbox to include information, it will prepend it before fore the filename, so someone like me who does a lot of recordings a week sometimes, will simply be able to click the "prepend filename" button and enter "2017-03-04" and that will be added in front of the tracks, allow me to easily search for the date in files and find everything (video, audio, text notes) that is related to that...

--- End quote ---

Hey John,

I've finally found some time to address this - I've added some radio buttons to the GUI that allow you to select a prefix; "none", "date", "filename" or "custom", with a text box to enter a custom prefix. It's a quick and dirty solution, no filtering for illegal characters, so behave when choosing "custom".

Same download link as the first post - why don't you give it a whirl and let me know if it works for you?

Cheers,

Torsten

JohnMHoyt:
Sweet... had two shows over the weekend and screwed up one and forgot to stop the recording between sets, soooo 4 hours of recording in 22 tracks multitrack wav format that I have not even looked at yet....   

That'll be a good test =)

Thanks!

JohnMHoyt:
Worked perfectly appending my own date to the front (my date and time is off by MONTHS on the dl32r)

I appreciate this greatly!!!!!!!Q

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version