Author Topic: Master Fader 4.6 Released!  (Read 13455 times)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Re: Master Fader 4.6 Released!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »
I use the IPad Pro to mix on stage and playing bass at the same time, sometimes  with sweaty fingers its hard to make a contact with a channel fader to turn up or down but notices on an app I downloaded on the iPhone QSC Touch Mix that if you tap just above the fader or below it it, it moves it just a little either way thought this was a good feature  Stewart

I used that app with a former board, and yes... excellent option for us fat fingered, callused, sweaty bass players!

I cannot tell you the hundreds of times I move a fader to a setting, like -10, only to have it move up or down as I lift my finger. Sometimes an entire decibel, not subtle at all. Frustrating as hell.  Not like you have time to enter an exact level when you are playing and running sound.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »
KM I'm looking at the Galaxy View 18.4" toy for $399 since it would allow full size view of two pages at once. Don't like that stand idea but can work around it. I have the opposite problem with the  approval committee since it will take the usual kicking and screaming to move her into the 21st century of pixels vs. paper. Did this 20 yrs ago with the word processor.  :) now I can't get her to stop texting. A good overview although 4 yrs out of date is this. I wish he would update it.
http://www.airturn.com/images/PDF/From%20Paper%20to%20Pixels.pdf

Steward yes other companies have a better connection with their practical customers needs such as QSC.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
WK:

I like that Galaxy View! It’s $599.00 here before tax. Still better than the iPad Pro 12.9 price. I suppose that I can get by with the current iPad Air 2. ForScore lets you run in landscape mode, only showing half the page. When you tap forward on the AirTurn, it moves the page up 1/2.

At least you can see the music much easier than in portrait mode on the smaller screen. It's a money wise compromise at this point in time. Of course I still have to buy the AirTurn Pedal at only $90 CDN. It's only money!  :facepalm:

And running MF on the bigger iPad would be so cool too! LOL! 

Thanks for the link too. Interesting read!  :thu:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:38:58 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 06:10:34 PM »
KM take a vacation across the border all paid for by the savings.  :) They are currently on sale here otherwise they're $599.

XR18 + Galaxy View = $949 vs. Apple 12.9 = $899 Is there really a comparison?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:35:59 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

4mal

• Padawan
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 07:12:14 PM »
If you want to improve the performance of an iPad 3...  upgrade it to an iPad 2...  no kidding.  The Retina display in the 3 robs a ton of processor.  My 1608 has an air 2 docked and my remote is the iPad gen 2.  Works great.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 06:23:20 PM »
Okay, rehearsals and gigs went well with the new MF.

No issues to report on iPad 2/3, Air 2, Pro or iPhone (unsure of the version guitarist uses)

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »
Did the update yesterday.
What changed on the update.?

Your never to old to learn something stupid

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »
Did the update yesterday.
What changed on the update.?

Nothing that I can see =)   At least nothing that affected me.   Appears to be mostly related to the new fangled DC16 stuff.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 09:43:23 PM »
Good, nothing new I need to learn for the coming weekend shows
Your never to old to learn something stupid

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »
Good, nothing new I need to learn for the coming weekend shows

That's a positive way to look at it!   This is the new stuff....   same as the old stuff 8-)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong here and way out in left field, but since it did a firmware update to the 1608 with no visible results, could it have been just a patch to work nicely with iOS 10.3?

And to answer my own question  :facepalm:  All my iToys are playing nice with the DL1608 since I've done all the updates!

Or, pause... Was I just very lucky? Hmm.  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:35:23 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong here and way out in left field, but since it did a firmware update to the 1608 with no visible results, could it have been just a patch to work nicely with iOS 10.3?

And to answer my own question  :facepalm:  All my iToys are playing nice with the DL1608 since I've done all the updates!

Or, pause... Was I just very lucky? Hmm.  :mrgreen:

There is a long list of new features...  A bakers dozen actually, and they only apply to the DC16.   There's half a dozen DC16 "enhancements" and for the DL32R regarding "improved USB drive support and recording/playback reliability on the DL32R".

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue where Channel Safes did not protect even numbered Aux Sends when unlinked by Snapshot Recall
    Fixed issue with DC16 and Master Fader where changing Mute Group Multi-select would disable all Mute Groups
    Fixed issue with DC 16 and Master Fader where changing View Group Multi-Select would disable all View Groups
    Other bug fixes

The full list is shown when you go to the App Store... I'm too lazy to type it up, and the stupid iPad won't let me cut and paste it.  lammmmme

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »
I really can’t complain about any updates that improve the DL series mixers, even if there aren't any details, except "other bug fixes, John, that you posted. Better than no fixes for sure!  8)

Ah copy and cut and past on the iPad. I feel your pain! :facepalm: That's why I'm typing this on the laptop! LOL!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:03:33 PM by Keyboard Magic »

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 06:02:59 PM »
I really can’t complain about any updates that improve the DL series mixers, even if there aren't any details, except "other bug fixes, John, that you posted. Better than no fixes for sure!  8)

Ah copy and cut and past on the iPad. I feel your pain! :facepalm: That's why I'm typing this on the laptop! LOL!

Copy/cut/paste works most places on the iPad, though it can be tedious,however - it doesn't work at all in the App Store!  How stupid that they present you with text, and you cannot treat it as such =)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »
It's even more fun on the small screen iPhone! Ugh!  :eek: