Author Topic: Mixing from stage, Any way to turn echo on and off on a channel easily ?  (Read 2591 times)

4mal

• Padawan
Ideally this would be a foot switch arrangement as I have a bass in my hands and am often singing.  I could live with a Delay off ..

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
no, however, I remember reading something about accessing a portion of the iPad's screen and using a bluetooth pedal to activate that pixel area...

I am sorry but I do not have any idea where I saw it.

However, here is what I would do if I were you, if it is absolutely necessary.
Don't use the delay in the DL mixer,
instead, use an aux send from the mixer and connect it to a delay pedal.
This will allow you to send any channels to it, and it certainly would have a tap tempo feature as well as a bypass,
BUT.....if you find something, make sure that when you hit "bypass" it does not pass the audio input through to the output, because that will add to your mic's volume, not good.
Even if you found a delay pedal that does not have a MUTE feature, you could always use a separate MUTE pedal to mute the output of the delay pedal.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:42:55 PM by dpdan »

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
I had a Yamaha SPX90 that had 2 footswitch inputs on the front - one for bypass, and one for cycling through 10 patches. I'm sure you could pick up a good rack mount unit for not that much.

A used Lexicon LXP5 could also work.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
the problem is that all of those devices are going to pass the input to the output when the bypass is "in", and that would add volume to the mic/s.
Any foot pedal delay unit with a tap will do the job as long as the output of that pedal is connected to a MUTE pedal.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:31:04 PM by dpdan »

4mal

• Padawan
And just return to any other channel.  Kinda like the old analog days.  I did that care delays to get some eq on the delay...  I have a Zoom B3 to test that with.  Maybe I'll pickup an old Lex MX-200/400. I recall my old mx200 being foot-switchable.  Maybe the wet/dry mix control will allow me to return 100% wet and get echo only...  I wonder what the audio quality of pedals like Strymon is ?  Will try handle line in or are they really instrument in ?   I don't do much with pedals these days so there is reading to be done I guess...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:06:56 PM by 4mal »

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
And just return to any other channel.  Kinda like the old analog days. 

you got it  :)

rolandvg99

• Youngling
This omission by Mackie is the main reason for my TC Helicon Voice Live 3 purchase.