Author Topic: Galaxy View 18.4" tablet  (Read 4076 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Galaxy View 18.4" tablet
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:52:26 AM »
Just got another toy to keep me occupied, a Samsung Galaxy View 64GB 18.4" tablet off e-bay for $305. Works like a charm with Mixing Station and 18 displayed channels. Faders turn out to be 150mm throw and easy to control. The desktop position is great for how I normally work. Who wants to run around for a couple of hours just to mix? Still have my 10" Lenovo for those rare occasions. Thought about using a 23" all in one PC but there's nothing light weight around and I like Dave's UI flexibility on the Mixing Station.
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: Galaxy View 18.4" tablet
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »
Nice Bill  :). If it weren't for me wanting to record the shows and bringing my 17.3" laptop to the gig, I would buy one :).  Been replacing all my monitors with QSC K10's.  Nice little buggas :).
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 06:38:00 AM »
I forgot to mention I'm using it with the XR12 so recording is not a problem if all you need is a stereo recording. Have a Lenovo Flex3 (17.x") for the XR18.
When in doubt KISS

TimmyP1955

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 03:01:46 AM »
We had one at work for a minute, so I tried it out on MS - the faders were too dang long - but that was before screen elements could be resized (which I've still not figured out).  And I did not care for the case.  I ended up with a super deal on a Nabi Big Tab 20 right before they ran out of them.  The battery life is not as good (2.5 hrs), but I much prefer the form factor.  I suppose it bay stop working with MS one day, as it looks as though Android 4.4 is as far as they are going to take it.