Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

In Case Anyone was Wondering, or Wandering?

<< < (2/4) > >>

WK154:
I did a quick search as well and the usual suspects are still selling and claim they have stock except for Guitar Center. Re-seating the cables, replacing the battery should not be too challenging. After looking at the current pricing I may just try to recover some $ by selling mine. Thinking about $399. Most used are around $425+.  Looked at Lightning connector conversion to aid selling, but at ~$85 it's not worth it. I never could get mine to fail like so many others on the white noise issue.

Keyboard Magic:
If I can get the school to foot the bill, I may just take it in for diags and repair. The way the Catholic School Board budget is here now, trying to convince them to buy a new mixer, even an analog one is out of the question. I guess I'm on my own. And as you mentioned, opening it up couldn't hurt either.

After a tiring search for a new digital mixer for myself, I still haven't really made a decision. QSC, SoundCraft, Behringer are all contenders. Don't have to worry until Sept when the new school year starts. They finish on June 29th officially. Still lots of time. Woo Hoo!

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 30, 2017, 07:39:08 PM ---Emailed Mackie the other day with concerns about future support for the DL1608/806/DL32.

Here's the response:

“We are absolutely still making this mixer and have no plans of removing it from our lineup anytime soon. We are also still very much rolling out updates for the DL mixers regularly and constantly trying to improve the software and hardware side of things on these mixers”

Nice to know, if anyone is wondering or wandering too!  Thank you, Loud Technologies Inc.!!  8)

--- End quote ---

Aha, they have found that medical stuff and are smoking it.  ;D

RoadRanger:
A 2U shallow rackmount version of the DL1608 would be awesome - but it really needs a third FX unit with at least reverb/chorus capability. I still hope to see the latter someday soon. The DL32R really needs its FX capability to be upgraded to something closer to what the X32 (8 FX) or at least the X-Air (4 FX) has. I mostly use my ($235 new shipped) XR12 these days because of its form factor and FX capability.

WK154:
I could see a 2U XR12 size DL1608R with only 16 inputs, 8 outputs, two antenna, a USB recording port and power switch in front (Hate PWR switch on side or back). The rest, RJ45 network, power socket (internal PWR supply), MIDI etc. on the side. Bluetooth headphone and WIFI (ac). No Knobs or Switches anywhere. But then there's Mackie. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version