Author Topic: In Case Anyone was Wondering, or Wandering?  (Read 7842 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: In Case Anyone was Wondering, or Wandering?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 12:45:38 AM »
I can see them putting out a rackmount 1608 or 2408 and phase out the iPad mounted series. The DL32 could still be an upsell from a lower priced 16 channel mixer.
I would go for a 24 channel version.  I have no real issues and the 1608 has served me well thru
Hundreds of shows, products phase in and out as market trends shift. As long as they continue to support it
I'm on board even if they never do another update.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 11:25:19 PM »
So, even though Mackie said they will be rolling out updates for the DL series. What are the odds that there will be a firmware and MF update for the drop of iOS 11 this fall?
Unless Apple screws up the communication protocol there really shouldn't be a problem. New features need to be avoided for keeping backward compatibility to older iPads. Oh !!! I forgot that's their master plan.  :D
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »
with the DC16 using Master Fader, it is completely weird to think that Mackie would quit making updates to Master Fader,... yes,,,, many of the improvements of updates are for Master Fader are based around the use of the DC16, but many of the features that Master Fader gets for the DC16 are likely features that Master Fader will also be able to do on the 806, 1608 and of course the DL32R.