Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Mains thru monitors?

<< < (2/2)

musicman7722:
Well yes and no.  What I want is the whole FOH available on a single channel fader in the Aux mix.  The the IEM user can use that as a base line and add "more me" as they need it.  Saves them have to adjust a lot of stuff at once. 

shufflebeat:
I've been struggling with this one for a while but can't think of an ITB way to get all you want. Your initial suggestion of feeding the FOH mix from the headphone output back into channels is maybe the best way to throw a ring around all your requirements but:

I'd untick the "main" option in the input(s) routing section rather than just rely on keeping the main fader down.
I would lock as much as possible away from other users (how do you remember to do this for all scenes?).
Will you have "stereo to mono" phasing issues? You may not know until you try it.

Experimentation might be in order.

musicman7722:
"I'd untick the "main" option in the input(s) routing section rather than just rely on keeping the main fader down.
I would lock as much as possible away from other users (how do you remember to do this for all scenes?).
Will you have "stereo to mono" phasing issues? You may not know until you try it."

Good point to untick the output to the mains.

I used a "Y" XLR cable sending one main mixer output to both the speaker and a channel.  It worked fine.  We had a guest lead singer for the night.  We all use IEM so he used the FOH channel as his baseline then just brought up things he needed a little more of.  No phase issues of any kind.  I personally used just the main channel in my IEM mix and it worked fine for me and I was able to tweak the mix when I needed to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version