Author Topic: Importing Multitracks to DL32R  (Read 3718 times)

Mr.Oatmeal

• Initiate
Importing Multitracks to DL32R
« on: August 03, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »
I want to use my MackieDL32R in my classroom to teach about mixing. I have found many different places online to download multi-track versions of songs to practice mixing and producing in a computer program like Logic, but when I put those files onto my external hard drive for my DL32R, it can't play them back. 

Is there a way to do this?  What specific format does the DL32R need in order to read a wav file on the hard drive?

Obviously I can still have them mix recordings I've made through the DL32R, but I would love to get a variety of styles.

More specifically into what I've tried:
I've downloaded some of the multitrack recordings from http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm  I tossed all of the separate wavs into a folder, and put it on the hard drive that I plug into the DL32R.  The song showed up in the list on MasterFader, but playing it was not an option.
Next I loaded all of the wavs into Audacity, and exported it as a single multitrack wav.  I still got the same result when I tried to play it through the DL32R.  Are there other formatting things that I try to make this work? 

Topsøe

• Knight
Re: Importing Multitracks to DL32R
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:51:14 AM »
It has to be multi interleaved waw format 48kHz
If in doubt ask

Mr.Oatmeal

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 08:09:23 PM »
I think the last file I tried was an interleaved wav at 48kHz, but the DL32R still didn't let my play it.

This is the file I tried: https://www.dropbox.com/s/25xblhroqxy24rv/OneMinuteSmile480032bit.wav?dl=0  (81.5MB)
(originally from http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
Wonder if you can import an OGG into Audacity, or any mulititrack, then export into a file the DL32R will handle?

You would probably be best off not just using the DL32R but to add a PC or Windows machine any any DAW software.  Then you could demonstrate this on a larger screen.

If you need a DL32R multitrack, I can send you one of my band covering a song at rehearsal a show, it'll be 5 to 7 pieces spread across 12-20 tracks..

Mr.Oatmeal

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:34:21 AM »
I've thought about using an actual PC based DAW to show them, but we have 1-1 iPads for the grades I am teaching, so I would love something they could interact with on there. There may be better options on the iPad too, I just started with what I knew.

If you could send me some songs you've recorded on the DL32R, that would be great!