Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Intermittent channel failure

<< < (2/2)

JohnMHoyt:
You're not alone...  my DL32R currently has at least 3 ins/outs not working.   If I take it apart and reseat the cables, it will work again for a few months.   Some believe it is oxidation on the pins, others feel they don't get enough "bite" and work their way loose for people like me that moves them constantly, with 2-4 different locations a week and vibration from riding on bumpy roads, and yes, heat/cold cycles.

Glad yours was under warranty when it was figured out...   hope they get it back to you quickly - it's hard to do shows without it!

SteveB:
I'm not looking forward to not having it for shows. Most of mine are in small venues and I really don't like the thought of using my old analog gear! but if they can fix it.......

JohnMHoyt:
Since I have to use that mixer once a week for rehearsal, and then 1-3 shows per week - it's impossible to just send it in.

If only I were rich instead of so darn good looking and talented, then I would buy another mixer 8-)
We all really need a backup plan.   Mine is an old ZED22 - but heck, I don't even own an actual snake anymore, so it would have to go on the stage!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version