Author Topic: Intermittent channel failure  (Read 5462 times)

SteveB

• Youngling
Intermittent channel failure
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
I have one channel input that regularly fails to receive a signal. Mic and cable all work when simply plugged into an alternative channel.

I assume that it is an internal problem - has anyone seen anything similar? If so how did you fix it. Very reluctant to  simply take it apart without further guidance!

Thanks

SteveB

• Youngling
Re: Intermittent channel failure
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
Looks like I'm getting repaired under warranty :-)

Still curious if anyone else has had this problem.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 02:19:16 AM »
a few users of DL mixers have reported issues and it is usually caused by a ribbon cable connection.
Users who perhaps have high humidity or situations where the unit is extremely cold and then suddenly brought into a warm environment and put straight to work can have negative results.

You are not alone, but considering how many DL units are "out there in use" a few ain't very bad  :)

SteveB

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:21 AM »
Dpdan - thanks for the thought - that's what I wondered. Although the humidity is not as much of a problem here in the UK, I do have to transport it (in a gator case) frequently as it's in use often. I'm still in warranty so I'll send it for repair as it saves me opening it. 

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 12:53:52 AM »
glad to help :)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 04:22:18 AM »
You're not alone...  my DL32R currently has at least 3 ins/outs not working.   If I take it apart and reseat the cables, it will work again for a few months.   Some believe it is oxidation on the pins, others feel they don't get enough "bite" and work their way loose for people like me that moves them constantly, with 2-4 different locations a week and vibration from riding on bumpy roads, and yes, heat/cold cycles.

Glad yours was under warranty when it was figured out...   hope they get it back to you quickly - it's hard to do shows without it!

SteveB

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:55:24 AM »
I'm not looking forward to not having it for shows. Most of mine are in small venues and I really don't like the thought of using my old analog gear! but if they can fix it.......

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »
Since I have to use that mixer once a week for rehearsal, and then 1-3 shows per week - it's impossible to just send it in.

If only I were rich instead of so darn good looking and talented, then I would buy another mixer 8-)
We all really need a backup plan.   Mine is an old ZED22 - but heck, I don't even own an actual snake anymore, so it would have to go on the stage!