Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader 4.6.2 released

<< < (3/3)

Wynnd:
Theater isn't impossible, it is difficult with virtual faders.  Mackie's DL line is a better tool for presentations and bands.  There really so much I like about the mixers.

WK154:
Agreed Mackie is geared to live performances not theater. A X-Air with X-Touch will fare much better in theater.  One step higher would be a X32R with X-Touch and X-Live. That's sound and lighting.

Wynnd I received my DL in Sept. 2012 that makes it 5+ years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.
http://mackie.com/blog/check-out-preview-master-fader-control-app-mackie-dl1608

Steinbass56:
Has anyone installed 4.6.2 update and then had problems with Wifi connectivity? Installed update last night on my DL1608 w/iPad Air
(Mod #FD788LL/B) control surface. Mixer worked to perfection for my band's Halloween show. Wifi connection to remote iPad 3 for FOH mix and an iPhone for each band member (5 total) so everyone had control of their IEM mix. Since updating, I have been unable to get any remote controllers to connect to wired iPad via wifi. Have a 2.4GHz Linksys router Only hope is router got bounced around in rack case and needs replaced.

Any suggestions to fix this problem before 11/4/17 would be hugely appreciated
Thanx

Wynnd:
You probably already did this, but if not.  Check to see if your ipads are attempting to connect to a different router.  There are a lot more out there and many are no longer password protected so if your ipads are set to connect automatically, they might be attaching to the wrong one.  Not trying to insult you, but my Wife and I met studying Computer Science, I had a small retail computer shop.  Basically been a nerd since about 1976 and sometimes people still miss the obvious.  (Me included.) And you will still need to connect to the mixer when on the correct Wifi.  Mine seem to require that more now.  Seems to me that previously, it would connect up to the active mixer without much help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version