Author Topic: Master Fader 4.6.2 released  (Read 8754 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Master Fader 4.6.2 released
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:38:59 PM »
Got at show this weekend so I won't be installing it until it's done.  But I'm glad that Mackie is continuing to update Master Fader.  The mixer is 4 years old now and while I've loved the subsequent updates of the software, I'm pretty sure it must be close to finished as far as they will be going.  There are things that could be incorporated into the software that would increase its utility for many more years.  I've been doing theater shows and the ability to have more than 4 mic mutes would be a huge boost to functionality for me.  I'd need about 20 or more.  Maybe one for each scene?  This show has 40 scene in two acts.  Guessing that is too job specific to be adding.  Anyway, if anyone else has installed the new release, please report back in and let me know how it is going.

SteveB

• Youngling
Re: Master Fader 4.6.2 released
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:22:05 AM »
Looked on Mackie site and no details of the release.

SteveB

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »
Apple app store:

Master Fader version 4.6.2 is a minor bug fix update for Master Fader users. If upgrading from a previous version of Master Fader a firmware update may be required. Please backup your Shows and Presets in Master Fader before installing. Do not perform an update immediately before an important show; give yourself time to learn and explore the new features, enhancements and bug fixes.

Master Fader Bug Fixes
• Improved support for iPad Pro 10.5‑inch
• Added support for new iPhones

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
have installed and used twice no problems just as before and didn't need a firmware update

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
AFAIK 4.51 was the last meaningful update to the DL1608/806 product. It's par for Mackie that ever barely makes it to 5.0. If one of the new Sharks considers it FINANCIALLY worth while you may see another update otherwise move on.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 10:39:15 PM »
There really is so much I love about Master Fader.  I do a number of theater shows and the lack of physical faders bugs me, but outside of those, it works so well for everything else I do.  (The theater shows have so many mic changes every few minutes.  I would love to be able to do about 25+ mic mute configurations.  That would be a help for at least a single act.)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 10:46:25 PM »
There really is so much I love about Master Fader.  I do a number of theater shows and the lack of physical faders bugs me, but outside of those, it works so well for everything else I do.  (The theater shows have so many mic changes every few minutes.  I would love to be able to do about 25+ mic mute configurations.  That would be a help for at least a single act.)
Wynnd I just finished a 5 show run of 4 episodes of the "Twilight Zone" yes theater, so why are you not using something like SCS or SFX since they are made just for that? Yes that with a Mixwiz III your favorite. It needed quite a bit of help with a parametric EQ (FBQ1000).  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:48:28 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 03:06:43 AM »
Don't have a permanent site for this group.  Using my mobile system, got rid of the snake, and filled all 16 channels and needed recordings to play.  One iPad docked running FX Live 2 for. Use and recordings and 2 iPad minis for the mixer controls.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 06:59:47 AM »
Assuming MF 5 never comes into existence, there is a good point.  I won't have to upgrade my older ipads.  That also saves me the price of a new power docking module for my DL1608.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 07:19:59 AM »
Sorry I keep forgetting that the iPad is limited to one input connector, a real bummer. My theater show was run with a laptop (PC) and has MIDI available. Mackie only has secret sauce "Mandolin" a real showstopper.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 09:19:33 AM »
Theater isn't impossible, it is difficult with virtual faders.  Mackie's DL line is a better tool for presentations and bands.  There really so much I like about the mixers.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »
Agreed Mackie is geared to live performances not theater. A X-Air with X-Touch will fare much better in theater.  One step higher would be a X32R with X-Touch and X-Live. That's sound and lighting.

Wynnd I received my DL in Sept. 2012 that makes it 5+ years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.
http://mackie.com/blog/check-out-preview-master-fader-control-app-mackie-dl1608
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:02:30 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Steinbass56

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
Has anyone installed 4.6.2 update and then had problems with Wifi connectivity? Installed update last night on my DL1608 w/iPad Air
(Mod #FD788LL/B) control surface. Mixer worked to perfection for my band's Halloween show. Wifi connection to remote iPad 3 for FOH mix and an iPhone for each band member (5 total) so everyone had control of their IEM mix. Since updating, I have been unable to get any remote controllers to connect to wired iPad via wifi. Have a 2.4GHz Linksys router Only hope is router got bounced around in rack case and needs replaced.

Any suggestions to fix this problem before 11/4/17 would be hugely appreciated
Thanx

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »
You probably already did this, but if not.  Check to see if your ipads are attempting to connect to a different router.  There are a lot more out there and many are no longer password protected so if your ipads are set to connect automatically, they might be attaching to the wrong one.  Not trying to insult you, but my Wife and I met studying Computer Science, I had a small retail computer shop.  Basically been a nerd since about 1976 and sometimes people still miss the obvious.  (Me included.) And you will still need to connect to the mixer when on the correct Wifi.  Mine seem to require that more now.  Seems to me that previously, it would connect up to the active mixer without much help.