Author Topic: Dl32r Aux Out into Mic Mechanic  (Read 3411 times)

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Dl32r Aux Out into Mic Mechanic
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »
Friends

I think I am pretty literate when it comes to mixers, signal levels etc. but I am pulling what is left of my hair out.  I want to take an aux out from my DL32r and run that into the mic input into either a TC-Helicon Mic Mechanic or TC-Helicon Voicelive Play.  Both devices have a mic level in.  Then take the output from either of these and send them to a channel on the DL32r.  Well All I get is air. 

Am I wrong in assuming the aux out signal will drive the mic in on these devices?

I feel like a idiot not being able to figure this out.  Can anybody educate me here?

Thank you and happy NH 2018

Chris

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Dl32r Aux Out into Mic Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 04:28:47 PM »
Looks like both are in range for input and output on levels but Mic Mechanic's phantom power is always on and Voicelive's can be controlled in setup (on/off). I don't know if the DL32's aux outs take kindly to phantom power and that could be your problem.
When in doubt KISS

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:54:13 PM »
Thank you for the reply. 

Oddly enough it seems to be with the aux out channel.  I tried 11 and 12 and they each showed a strong signal out but it didn't seem to come out of the board.  I tried a send I knew worked for a wedge I run onstage and lo and behold it worked liked a charm.

So next step is to see if I have something messed up in the out bound routing of aux 11 and 12.

Hope this helps others.

gtrdudes

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:37:21 AM »
11 and 12 are default set to matrix 1 and 2. I found that out the hard way as well. 1st gig I was trying to run aux subs on aux12.  I ended up using aux4 because I got no audio out of 12. Did a little research and figured it out before the next gig. Oddly enough I’ve been using aux4 for subs ever since. Lazy I guess.

SteveB

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
Check the routing for 11 & 12 - like others found out the hard way and after lots of head scratching that the default for these is matrix!