Author Topic: DL1608 Question: Is there a way to have different EQ settings for FOH and Aux  (Read 4621 times)

Scott Campbell

• Youngling
  • Amateur sound guy, but not a musician.
    • MCM Festival
I understand I can do a high level eq setting for any output (the 36 or so band equalizer), but can I have different parametric ones for the Aux and LR, per channel?

Thanks in advance.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he stays warm for the rest of his life!

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
nope

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
I understand I can do a high level eq setting for any output (the 36 or so band equalizer), but can I have different parametric ones for the Aux and LR, per channel?

Thanks in advance.
If you mean a different Parametric or Graphic EQ on the outputs of LR and Aux 1, Aux 2? Yes. This way you can EQ for monitors, high pass mains, etc.
If you mean each input having a different EQ for the main LR vs. Aux channels, no. you could split channels with a Y cable to go into 2 inputs and EQ them differently and send them to different destinations, but this can eat up channels quickly.

Can you explain more what you're trying to do, and you may get more answers/solutions to help.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
I said "no" because I am reasonably confident that he does not want the same output EQ for all input channels.

In other words, he may want inputs 1-8 to go through mix four's output EQ, but for channels 9-12 he wants a different EQ on Mix four's output.   

If I understand his question,... a Y cord won't achieve what he is trying to do.
I am trying my best to figure out his scenario of why he would want this though.     
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:41:19 AM by dpdan »

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
Yep, I was thinking possibly he wanted a different EQ for inputs for monitors vs. FOH, but unless you send a signal to 2 different channels, you can't EQ them differently. Then again, for most people if you're doing mains and monitors with a DL, the initial EQ should be good for both and you use the output EQ on each output to tailor it to the needs of the speaker placement (or IEMs, etc.).

But without further info from the OP, tough to speculate as to what he wants.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

Ampli

• Knight
Or u use the pre dsp option and get the input signal clean to the aux

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
this is what he wants...
can I have different parametric ones for the Aux and LR, per channel?

Scott Campbell

• Youngling
  • Amateur sound guy, but not a musician.
    • MCM Festival
Thanks Dan.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he stays warm for the rest of his life!