Author Topic: Latest iTunes / Win 10  (Read 4193 times)

stevegarris

• Knight
Latest iTunes / Win 10
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:00:31 AM »
Sorry if this has been discussed, but how do I get my DL1608 recordings on my pc now that iTunes no longer has the app support?

The pc is new to me, Windows 10 system.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Latest iTunes / Win 10
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:35:46 AM »
this shows an older version of iTunes on a Mac BUT.....

I know... I know... you're on Windows, but it should be very similar, except things will be in different places now with the current version of iTunes, because Apple likes to hide things and move things around after we get comfortable with how things work.

Every time they update an app they think they have to reinvent the wheel,, I hate that part about them.

I hope this gets you goin'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Slj0SAuaHQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Slj0SAuaHQ</a>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:38:28 AM by dpdan »

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »
this shows an older version of iTunes on a Mac BUT.....

I know... I know... you're on Windows, but it should be very similar, except things will be in different places now with the current version of iTunes, because Apple likes to hide things and move things around after we get comfortable with how things work.

Every time they update an app they think they have to reinvent the wheel,, I hate that part about them.

I hope this gets you goin'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Slj0SAuaHQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Slj0SAuaHQ</a>

That is how I used to do it, but the latest iTunes does not have the "Apps" anymore.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:15:19 PM »

That is how I used to do it, but the latest iTunes does not have the "Apps" anymore.

Hi Steve,
Now they call it "File Sharing" under your device

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:28:28 PM by dpdan »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
If you want to bypass all that cryptic Apple BS latch on to iExplorer a M$ Explorer for iOS. If you do a lot of file transfers its worth the $49.
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 03:14:17 AM »
already have it, and it's great.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:43:50 AM »
If you want to bypass all that cryptic Apple BS latch on to iExplorer a M$ Explorer for iOS. If you do a lot of file transfers its worth the $49.

It's almost like they're trying to hide things from us, and it's not just Apple. I'm on a new pc, Win 10, coming from XP. I can't believe how dumbed-down this thing is. I have to run a search just to find simple things, or how to change any settings. The display options are incredibly limited, and programs are now "Apps", with hidden menus, etc.

Thank both of you for the help! I was going to plug in my old XP machine to get the file. It took me a bit to get to that menu, but I have my recording. Thanks again.

jadwyer

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 11:50:06 PM »
Master Fader 4 added upload capability to dropbox or OneDrive from the recording dialog.  Get the .wav file to the cloud and use it wherever you want