Author Topic: Why this sequence?  (Read 3236 times)

Alex H

• Padawan
Why this sequence?
« on: April 04, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »
Hi

We use a DL1608 and an iPad to drive the small sound system at our church.   I have noticed that recently I have had to switch on the iPad first and connect it to the wifi, before I switch on the 1608, else the iPad and DL1608 won't see each other.    If I switch the 1608 on as I go past it to collect the iPad, then switch on the iPad, the two simply won't link.

I am sure that I never had to do this before.   Is this right, and can anyone explain the reasoning behind this sequence

Thanks

A

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Why this sequence?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
iPad battery level was one of the ways I could make it fail back when I was trying to get "white noise" to appear on my DL1608. Below 80% was usually the point of failure for a docked iPad 3. The sequence you are using helped the connection process. What MF version are you using?
When in doubt KISS

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
Using the DL1608 then onto the DL32R I have always  turned on the router first let it settle down for about 2 minutes the go to the DL32 R  turn on and then turn on the iPad connection always works this way everytime
At first use to turn them on together and there was sometimes I did have connection issues  at first usually meant having to restart it all over again hope this is help to you  StewartUK

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
Hi Alex,

I believe that if you test this slowly and methodically you will find that
the router has to be fully booted first for the DL1608 to connect.
The Ipad will connect with the router as soon as it is booted, and
will only connect with the DL1608 after it is booted up and connected to the router.

With the DL32R, mixer/router boot order doesn't matter.

Good health,  Weogo

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:34:21 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments.  The iPad is always at 100% battery since it it always plugged in or charge, and the router is on 24/7, so I guess yes I need to turn the iPad on let it connect to the router and then switch on 1608.   Will amend the start up guide for the other operators

Thanks for your input - just one of life's great mysteries AKA software systems developer !!

A