Author Topic: Reverb in Aux  (Read 4429 times)

Lownotes

• Initiate
Reverb in Aux
« on: April 13, 2018, 04:09:52 AM »
I'm helping a friend set up a DL1608.  I don't know the version of Master Fader, but I know it's not the latest.  It was the latest for his iPad.

The problem we're having is getting reverb in the Aux mix.  We're only using one (currently).  When we do get reverb, it's only on one channel.  All the other channels are dry.  Sends are all up.

Anyone familiar with this animal?

Thanks!

Drew

stevegarris

• Knight
Re: Reverb in Aux
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 06:48:36 PM »
I'm helping a friend set up a DL1608.  I don't know the version of Master Fader, but I know it's not the latest.  It was the latest for his iPad.

The problem we're having is getting reverb in the Aux mix.  We're only using one (currently).  When we do get reverb, it's only on one channel.  All the other channels are dry.  Sends are all up.

Anyone familiar with this animal?

Thanks!

Drew

When you say sends are up, do you have both the sends on the Rev AND the send on the main LR up as well? I believe you have to have both up, in addition to the masters.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:38 PM »
"The problem we're having is getting reverb in the Aux mix.  We're only using one (currently). The DL1608 only has one reverb

When we do get reverb, it's only on one channel. You must mean... only in one side of your headphones?   

All the other channels are dry. 

Sends are all up. You said sends as in plural, yet you said all the other channels are dry.... confusing, maybe you mean masters are all up? If sends are all up then all the input channels will go to the reverb

you want to hear reverb in a monitor mix???
first, Master Fader's monitor mixes are mono,... but you can link two adjacent mixes together to form a stereo mix, commonly used for in ear monitoring.

Assuming that you are using a mono mix,... all you have to do is make sure that the reverb send for any "input channels" that you want going into the reverb are turned up,

and set the reverb master to "post fader" and turn it up to... oh, somewhere around zero dB, and not muted.

Now, select your monitor mix on the right side,

swipe over so you can see the reverb "return" and turn it up.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUbrl9Q0tTg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUbrl9Q0tTg</a>

EDIT:::

Gee, I'm glad we took the time to help... :o

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:01:59 PM by dpdan »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
Welcome to the world of Charity. You either have or develop a thick skin or walk away. Not to worry there are those of us that greatly appreciate your efforts here.
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »
thanks WK, you too!  :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:00:19 PM by dpdan »