Author Topic: Anyway to lock the current snapshot in DL1608?  (Read 3391 times)

Chirro

• Youngling
  • Bass player
Anyway to lock the current snapshot in DL1608?
« on: May 21, 2018, 07:59:07 AM »
Hello everybody, this is my first post in this forum. I own a Mackie DL1608 and speak only a little of English (I'm spanish). Hope you can help me with this question (and future ones 8)).

Last gig, as usual, I made the sound for my band with my DL1608 and my IPad. Few minutes before beginning the show, one member turned on his IPad for controlling his monitor. By mistake, when initially synchronizing, he choose the snapshot from his IPad, not the one I actually made for this show. The result was, when we start playing, all the settings was changed. All the members (and me) play with inears so it was very complicated to notice that outside something were wrong  :-\.

The question is, is there any way to lock the current snapshot making impossible to be changed from another device except mine?

Forgive my bad English, I hope you could understand my request.

Thanks in advance.
Professional Bass player and amateur sound tech

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Anyway to lock the current snapshot in DL1608?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 10:11:45 PM »
it sounds like you are in charge of the system.
There is no way to LOCK out other iPads from changing the show or snapshots.
Each and every iPad needs to connect to the router.

You could have saved yourself a headache by saving the settings on your iPad by either creating a new snapshot, or use the "Replace" option before they showed up and ruined your day. 

SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!

You need to tell everyone who uses an iPad with your system to bring it to you before they turn it on.
Only after they have handed you their iPad, YOU turn it on and chose DL1608 (not iPad).

After you have turned on each of the other iPads, you should lock out every feature in "Access Limits" except the ones you want them to have access to for their monitor mix.

You do not want them changing EQ, channels icons, names, mutes etc.

Each one of the other iPads needs to be locked out so all they can do is change volume faders. "Access Limits" can block the user from many different things,
if the iPad is being used by a musician for his/her IEM, then they should have everything blocked in the Access Limits page (RED) on their iPad except their mix number and perhaps pan and mute.

Watch these video tutorials I did...

This one is all about monitor mixes...

https://youtu.be/SYR1eGEzG0g

This one explains more about View Groups and Access Limits.

https://youtu.be/mdeLHqp5QIU

No iPad except ones used by you should have the ability to change the show/snapshot.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:51:34 PM by dpdan »

Chirro

• Youngling
  • Bass player
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »
Thanks dpdan for your wise ideas.  :)
Professional Bass player and amateur sound tech

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
glad to help :)