Author Topic: EQ for IEMs  (Read 3215 times)

two of seven

• Initiate
EQ for IEMs
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »
A 5 piece band has asked me for help mixing their show on a DL32 (which I am new to).

They all mix and EQ their own IEM mix and have the settings such that any EQ / compression they do for their own channels also changes FOH.

This restricts me from messing too much with channel EQ ...and compression is right out. Thankfully their IEM channel volumes are independent from FOH.

Is there a way to configure DL32 so they have all the individual control they are used to, yet free me to do what needs to be done out front ?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: EQ for IEMs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 10:51:34 PM »
Yes, you can double route the inputs to channels that you can use just for FOH :) .

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 02:13:01 AM »
if you "double route",,, just remember that the mic preamp "GAIN" is the same for both.

I wish it wasn't but hey  :)

Artaudio

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:53:49 PM »
That could be easily rectified by either gain tracking or gain sharing. But that is a software development issue.

The other option would be to make up a few XLR “Y” cables and just manually split the vocal channels to another open channel using the “Y” cable. This would allow you to have separate gain controls for FOH and MONs. Just make sure (the same implies with the internal patching capabilities) to not assign the channels that are dedicated for monitors to the L&R buss. You can easily double your output of a channel if you raise the same channel in your L&R buss accidentally.

Good luck.
Al T

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
And for those of us not handy with soldering... http://www.audiopile.net/YFMM - I've used them and they work great.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608